PDA

View Full Version : Bonjour from Paris, France

Marion
3-17-14, 12:23pm
Hello everybody,

I live in Paris and I am transitioning into a new period in my life.

I am leaving my high stress old job and am planning to be a therapist soon.
It's exciting and scary as well !

Looking forward to living more simply, and being more in tune with myself and my environment.
Right now, I am planning a big decluttering operation and hope to find encouragement and advice here.

See you all on the forums very soon,

Marion

CathyA
3-17-14, 1:52pm
Welcome to the neighborhood, Marion! We're looking forward to hearing more from you.

Teacher Terry
3-17-14, 2:13pm
I will love to hear about life in Paris! I have been to Europe 3x's but never France. It is on my to do list.

Gardenarian
3-17-14, 2:30pm
Hi Marion and welcome!

sweetana3
3-17-14, 2:49pm
Marion, bonjour. We are traveling to Paris and a circle trip around France in April/May. So looking forward to it and experiencing some of the beautiful sights.

Lainey
3-17-14, 8:12pm
Wonderful that you could join in, Marion. Looking forward to your posts.

Jilly
3-17-14, 10:18pm
Welcome!

Marion
3-18-14, 8:43am
Thank you for the welcome, I am really happy to be here with you :)

Sweetana3, April/May is the best season for European travel, in my opinion, hope you enjoy your holiday!

Sad Eyed Lady
3-18-14, 9:52am
Welcome to the community! You have found a great group of people here and lots of good ideas.

razz
3-18-14, 11:14am
Welcome! What so you see as the major priority for simplifying your life?

Marion
3-18-14, 11:08pm
Hi razz, I am beginning the process by decluttering my possessions (it helps me in a myriad of ways) and also by budgeting very strictly. I will have eliminated all my debts (mortgage included) by the end of April but will have to live very frugally for the next couple of years at least.

Selah
3-19-14, 11:38am
Bonjour, Marion, et bienvenue! I spent a few years living in France (Dijon and Paris) and like to keep up with what's happening there by watching France 24, the TV news channel. France is really doing some wonderful things, especially regarding organic food these days. I look forward to your participation here.

chauddog
3-19-14, 7:36pm
Salut, Marion! Good for you. I adore France and have spent many lovely visits in Paris and throughout France. Great for you! I hope one day to take some time off and spend 6 months or so there to practice mon francais! Good luck and I look forward to hearing more about your new adventures!

Marion
3-20-14, 5:42pm
Thanks for the welcome Selah and chauddog :)

Aroha
7-27-14, 5:31am
Hi Marion, how are the decluttering and new lifestyle coming along?

I am still working my way around my house but it's already a lot better than it was.

Marion
7-29-14, 3:13pm
Hi Aroha, thanks for asking :)

I decluttered a lot of my papers (it took a whole week!) and I was so pleased with myself (though I still have a few carboard boxes full of papers to sort out in my basement).

Unfortunately, I have discovered my place is infested with fabric moths, so I am now decluttering these creatures and it is a big job :(. Please make sure you never get those in your house! I am now washing all my fabrics (curtains, bed linen, clothes, towels, ...), trying to destroy all their breeding places. I am thinking of getting a steamer for this.

Apart from the moths, I still have lots of books to declutter. It is really tough getting rid of them, so I have to do it slowly.

Aroha
8-7-14, 5:20pm
sorry about the moths, Marion. That must have been a nasty surprise and I hope you are on top of it now. Good luck with the books, I used to have many but I have whittled it down a lot.