PDA

View Full Version : Guess where I went?

Zoe Girl
3-15-11, 10:13am
Las Vegas?!?! So I was expecting to go to Texas. My boyfriend was supposed to be their working and so I was going to fly down and join him for the weekend. A very big deal considering I have worked 2 jobs and most times 7 days a week for 5 years now. I didn;t know why he wouldn't send me the itinerary which he usually does even for his own business trips, but his work situation got moved and he has to go down another week. So we got to the airport and he put in the codes to check in and the ticket came up Las Vegas, wow. He really surprised me which is not typical since I tend to notice too many details and usually catch anyone trying to surprise me.

We had a blast! We went to 3 shows and did lots of walking and people watching. The people are even more interesting than Boulder where I lived for 13 years. We didn't really gamble which was good because I don't care for it much. Sometimes the machines where you get to make choices in a poker game can be fun, I did $10 of that. We also ate a lot of good food, but I am worried about how many people with identity issues are just wandering the streets dressed like Michael Jackson and Elvis (LOL). Also Hello Kitty, Mickey Mouse, KISS and some young lady with a really big snake.

While I was gone we had a question of something the kids wanted to help dad with (okay he pays them) and I realized that everyone had assumed my 2nd car intended for kids school transportation was going to be used. So I made things more clear and said no, dad himself needs to ask if the car I provided was going to be available for dog sitting his new dog and it is working without grief. We had to really talk this out because of how helpful I have been in the past but it is okay.

Wow, I had a great weekend off duty!

Stella
3-15-11, 10:19am
Fun! I'm so glad you got a chance to get out and do something enjoyable! You were so overdue for that.

Zoe Girl
3-15-11, 10:25am
And I also noticed that I am not a terrible traveler, I just needed someone really awesome to travel with. That is very nice considering his kids are grown and my baby turned 14 today. The future holds more of that than sitting home and taking care of family

beckyliz
3-15-11, 3:26pm
LOL! I thought you were going to say you got married! Glad you had a fun weekend.

Bastelmutti
3-15-11, 4:11pm
Cool!