PDA

View Full Version : May's Three Things

ejchase
5-1-14, 4:35pm
I have never participated in this thread, but was just thinking about things I keep procrastinating on that I need to move to the top of the priority list, so here I go:

1. Sell TV cabinet on Craigslist
2. get my brother a nice 50th birthday present and send it to him with a nice card and note
3. Get lawn furniture and outdoor rug and generally make outside of house presentable for my daughter's birthday party

lucas
5-1-14, 6:06pm
For May I have a 'more than three' challenge. For some reason I always go running three times, and three times only, each week... basically I run mondays, wednesdays and fridays... and rest the other days... but I want to get fitter and that means doing some other form of exercise on at least some of those rest days... so my goal is:
Exercise more than three times a week :)

danna
5-1-14, 8:42pm
May 3 ------the first 4 are what need done the most and the rest are just trying to do more

1. Get two more estimates for new roof

2. Clean off all the old papers off my desk and organize

3. Catch up on list of people to call and email

4. Get Hazardous stuff ready and take to City Site

5. Clean up Yard

6. Do 1/2 hour a day in Garage

7. Do 1/2 hour a day on organizing in house

8. Do 1/2 hour a day of sewing and crafts

9. Do 1/2 hour a day of yard work

early morning
5-4-14, 11:02am
I only managed to accomplish one of my three things I had listed for last month :|(

So carried forward:
A. get large flat box upstairs and stashed under bed
B. move daylilies before it's too late to see them for the ivy - which it almost is, sadly.

And because life just move on...
1. get sticks out of yard so DD can MOW
2. move old porch-box off front porch and replace with two new planters (that I found yesterday at a yard sale for $1 each)
3. weed whack the really bad looking places (we're pretty laid back about the yard, but still....)

Gardenarian
5-5-14, 4:33pm
Get our wiring fixed...
Finalize summer plans (airline reservations, car rentals, etc.)
DD has several performances this month (with lots of rehearsals) as well as completing the 3 college courses she is taking - so lots of kid management (for lack of a better phrase) going on in May.

I finally cleaned my car - feels great!

ctg492
5-5-14, 5:46pm
#1, get my life back to normal
#2, stop the crazy train driving
#3, get back into running for another 1/2 marathon

#1....I don't know how to do that after the last many months
#2....cutting way back, but I know the miles will still be too many
#3.....already working at that so I can do that one.

Selah
5-6-14, 4:31am
1. Buy additional potting soil.
2. Re-pot houseplants that need re-potting.
3. Do DIY project of cleaning, sanding down, priming and painting a night table that I salvaged from a dumpster.

early morning
5-11-14, 9:57am
carried forward from last month:
A. get large flat box upstairs and stashed under bed
B. move daylilies before it's too late to see them for the ivy - which it almost is, sadly.

1. get sticks out of yard so DD can MOW DONE AND MOWED, twice already!
2. move old porch-box off front porch and replace with two new planters DONE
3. weed whack the really bad looking places DONE

of course the two from last month are STILL undone *sigh*
adding for this week:
1. clear off garden section and plant tomatoes
2. plant all the new stuff I bought yesterday! (I have already planted 17 things, 6 of which were promptly dug up by my helpful raccoons, and replanted by DD this AM...
3. find a place to store some of my clear glass items I use off and on for food service and decorating

fidgiegirl
5-18-14, 5:26pm
I am going to try to join in again. My sense of overwhelm is very strong since DS came on the scene. I will probably actually only pick one a day. Tomorrow it will be to make several phone calls. I have installed the Momentum Chrome browser extension to help remind me of my one focus of the day. Perhaps I can start chipping away at the list and feel a bit better. Thank you cards for all the beautiful baby gifts are also almost done and it will feel good to deliver those.

danna
5-18-14, 10:17pm
Today is May 18 and so far
May 3 ------the first 4 are what need done the most and the rest are just trying to do more

1. Get two more estimates for new roof----DONE and they are starting on Wed.

2. Clean off all the old papers off my desk and organize---DONE of course more is already piling up

3. Catch up on list of people to call and email---mostly DONE but, seems like I remember more as I go
making a list

4. Get Hazardous stuff ready and take to City Site----NOT even started will add to today's list

5. Clean up Yard---DONE

6. Do 1/2 hour a day in Garage---about 2 hours to date

7. Do 1/2 hour a day on organizing in house----None to date

8. Do 1/2 hour a day of sewing and crafts---None

9. Do 1/2 hour a day of yard work----About 3 hours to date

Moving on from here list for this week

1. 4 is the new #1 and really needs done--- Get Hazardous stuff ready and take to City Site----NOT even started will add to today's list

2. Research Garden Boxes I need to eliminate grass in back of house will take before and after pictures. Should have taken one
this morning before I tried to cut the 2 foot dandelions with the push mover. Oh yeah it doesn't look much better...lol

3. Bake to cakes for the Seniors home Fashion Show.

I will being doing good to get these done....

early morning
5-19-14, 10:05pm
carried forward from last month:
A. get large flat box upstairs and stashed under bed DONE - Yay!!

1. clear off garden section and plant tomatoes
2. plant all the new stuff I bought yesterday! (I have already planted 17 things, 6 of which were promptly dug up by my helpful raccoons, and replanted by DD this AM...DONE with one exception, which I can't decide where to plant
3. find a place to store some of my clear glass items I use off and on for food service and decorating DONE

NEW - really need to spend at least an hour a day on this messy house, not counting dishes, cooking, laundry, liter boxes, stuff like that. We need to tackle the piles!! We are starting to look like Hoarder's Anonymous around here.

danna
5-21-14, 9:55pm
1. 4 is the new #1 and really needs done--- Get Hazardous stuff ready and take to City Site----NOT even started will add to today's list
Still not even started.....
2. Research Garden Boxes I need to eliminate grass in back of house will take before and after pictures. Should have taken one
this morning before I tried to cut the 2 foot dandelions with the push mover. Oh yeah it doesn't look much better...lol
Think I have a guy to build me a couple at a reasonable price and getting a few more est.
3. Bake two cakes for the Seniors home Fashion Show. DONE

Adding
1. Go to the bank
2. Go to the library
3. Clean out fridge

Meezer_Mom
6-1-14, 3:42am
Have missed you all. This challenge speaks to me right now. Admittedly, I've turned my Energizer Bunny into the Procrastinating Tortoise. This ish has got to stop!

Will check in on the June thread with my three things.

Much love,

danna
6-1-14, 6:57am
Still not even started.....STILL NOT DONE
I have bought nice red cedar 5' by 6" and made 2 boxes myself cost of $33.00 and I realized I
have the wooden frame of a queen size bed that will make another one (not food grade but, will use for flowers and gourds) FREE
Bought a roll of Weed control cloth at Costco and it is covering most of the back yard just need to get mulch to top it.
Think I have a guy to build me a couple at a reasonable price and getting a few more est.This guy did not work out..
oh well did it myself with help from grandson.
3. Bake two cakes for the Seniors home Fashion Show. DONE

Adding
1. Go to the bank DONE
2. Go to the library DONE
3. Clean out fridge DONE

New three items
1. Sort and take out summer clothes...yeah I know sorta late
2. catch up on books for weight club
3. Get more fill and mulch for back yard

danna
6-22-14, 2:32pm
All done except #1...not sure what it is going to take to get me moving on this one.....lol

The working on different projects 1/2 hour a day does not seem to work for me....I start one thing and end up going whole hog on it and not doing the rest. I guess that is not all that bad.
My back yard is now covered in weed control cloth, some mulch (still needs much more) a large flower/gourds bed, two vegetable beds, and one herb bed. A new little tree is planted and the compost is moved.

Very impressed with myself and a whole lot of good exercise and hopefully good food.