PDA

View Full Version : Quick tip

rodeosweetheart
5-14-14, 11:41am
Just a couple of quick tip that covers a host of emergencies, since we had one at our house this week and it was a bad one (husband fell off ladder while tree trimming and fractured pelvis.)

Was glad I had a fullish tank of gas and a phone battery that was charged up.

Remember to take the accident victim's wallet to hospital.

Do not pile brush behind your car and block your access to road (husband had thrown brush behind my car earlier and I had fussed at him about it and he was p'oed about moving it, but thank God we did.)

peggy
5-14-14, 12:54pm
Oh ouch! So sorry to hear about your husband. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Lainey
5-14-14, 8:31pm
He's lucky he has you to handle that kind of stuff. Nothing like being bent over in pain trying to answer intake paperwork in the ER - ask me how I know :-(

Blackdog Lin
5-14-14, 8:51pm
Wishing your DH a swift recovery. And your point is perfectly pertinent: it's the little everyday things that can make a huge difference in "being prepared". Never letting the vehicles' tanks get below half-full, and always keeping the cell phones charged, good everyday things to remember.

razz
5-14-14, 10:02pm
Excellent points! Keep medical info in a fridge freezer in case EMS need to attend.

Hope that your DH recovers speedily.

awakenedsoul
5-14-14, 11:34pm
So true. It's the little things. I also like to have cash, just in case.

happystuff
5-15-14, 4:40pm
Hope your dh is doing better and heals quickly. And thanks for the reminder on the gas... I have a tendency to let my car get pretty low.

ctg492
5-15-14, 5:35pm
Speedy recovery!

ToomuchStuff
5-15-14, 7:02pm
Excellent points! Keep medical info in a fridge freezer in case EMS need to attend.

Do what?:confused:

Here let me go check a freezer and see if any medical info is there, so I can thaw it, springs to mind. I don't get this.

bae
5-15-14, 7:13pm
We have a program in my community to have people fill out medical history info, lists of medications, DNR orders, and things of that nature, place them in a ziplock, and put them in the freezer. The medics/firefighters then know where to look when things are hectic. We can usually find the freezer, we are not so good at finding things elsewhere :-)

I hear other communities have similar programs.

Spartana
5-16-14, 5:28pm
I always try to keep my truck gassed up as we once had a big power outage here (SoCal) during rush hour traffic and it stranded many motorists overnight because they couldn't get gas because the pumps where down. I also always have extra cash on hand (as well as some basic emergency supplies) in my truck in case ATMs and banks are down because of power outages or someone only takes cash.

Spartana
5-16-14, 5:30pm
Do what?:confused:

Here let me go check a freezer and see if any medical info is there, so I can thaw it, springs to mind. I don't get this.Yeah I never heard of that either although I have heard of people putting basic info on a fridge using a magnet. This is what they had the residents do at my Mom's large seniors condo complex and that's were the EMT's knew to look. I like that idea better. No freezer burn :-)!