PDA

View Full Version : Slomo

TxZen
5-21-14, 8:58pm
I think he gets it!!! Love him!!

https://screen.yahoo.com/inspiration/slomo-113549657.html

catherine
5-21-14, 9:29pm
I think he is awesome! (Oops, maybe I shouldn't use that word) I think he is wonderful! I have seen this before on YouTube and really enjoyed the piece.

At the same time, I happened to see his name pop up yesterday when I was browsing the New York Times--here's the link (http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/05/17/a-life-beyond-do-what-you-love/?src=me&module=Ribbon&version=origin&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Most%20Emailed&pgtype=article)

I think this is a great article, because I do believe that we have some degree of responsibility to contribute what we can. There would have been no story in "It's a Wonderful Life" if the George Bailey had followed his bliss to the big city and let his small town responsibilities just work themselves out without him.

However, I do think that Slomo really exhibits a WONDERFUL, inspiring joie de vivre. I think for all of our addiction to diversion, we have lost the ability to have real fun, and he shows us how.

Thanks for sharing!

ctg492
5-21-14, 9:35pm
That was nice. Thanks for posting, Great theme.
Kinda weird since generally people have more then one interest. Ok so he retired earlier then planned. It was easier for him than others since he obviously had assets. Kinda belittled his own career, since he surely must have helped many with his medical knowledge. But yes it was nice to see someone happy.

Spartana
5-22-14, 12:31am
I think he is awesome! (Oops, maybe I shouldn't use that word) I think he is wonderful! I have seen this before on YouTube and really enjoyed the piece.

At the same time, I happened to see his name pop up yesterday when I was browsing the New York Times--here's the link (http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/05/17/a-life-beyond-do-what-you-love/?src=me&module=Ribbon&version=originŽion=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Most%20Emailed&pgtype=article)

I think this is a great article, because I do believe that we have some degree of responsibility to contribute what we can. There would have been no story in "It's a Wonderful Life" if the George Bailey had followed his bliss to the big city and let his small town responsibilities just work themselves out without him.

However, I do think that Slomo really exhibits a WONDERFUL, inspiring joie de vivre. I think for all of our addiction to diversion, we have lost the ability to have real fun, and he shows us how.

Thanks for sharing!

Of course if George Bailey felt trapped and disgruntled by his life's circumstances and all his obligations(as he did) when he really wanted to follow his bliss, he might of ended up one of those crazy mass shooters instead. Guess it can work both ways.

Yeah Slomo is one very froody cat who really knows where his towel is at :-)!

ToomuchStuff
5-22-14, 10:30pm
Thanks for the repost, the earlier one wouldn't play on my computer for some reason, and this did.

awakenedsoul
6-24-14, 11:39am
I loved this. He is so talented. It's got me thinking...lateral acceleration. It makes sense. Makes me want to get back into skating and skate boarding...