PDA

View Full Version : Feng Shui and Houses

Cypress
5-30-14, 3:50pm
I am writing an article about Feng Shui by attempting to apply it to my home. In thinking about what Feng Shui is and what humans and houses are, I ran into a moment of confusion. I understand Feng Shui brings the essential qualities of the natural world, Nature to the qualities of how we outfit our homes. Feng shui works with chi and helps it flow within a structure. Humans go against nature. We don't recognize the flow from the start. Here's the paragraph.........

Observation
If Feng Shui reflects the natural state of things, than basically, houses pose a problem from the very first brick. Most of western civilization builds houses as a square or rectangle, in nature there are few examples of this shape. Most shapes are round. There can be flat in stone or metal, but very few objects in nature are straight with the exception of trees and plants that grow vertically. Very few objects are at angles with the exception of tree branches, mountains or water ways that can veer around blockages. Animals, insects and humans are round essentially but we have angles in our limbs. Our bodies adapted over time to what they are based on interaction in the environment. More over, how we gather food and secure habitat reflects directly in our bodies. All creatures are fragile at best and must adapt to the environment or move on. Humans do the rare thing by altering the environment. This is a simplistic contemplation of how humans alter nature rather than accept it. How the house got to be as it looks would be an interesting topic to research. If stones are round in shape, how did they get squared and why? If a house is basically a human den, how did it take on this appearance? It’s awkward.

...................I am trying to understand how humans evolved into having a house as a square shape when they don't exist in nature. Is that correct?

awakenedsoul
5-30-14, 4:42pm
Animals build dens, nests, and burrow holes and tunnels. My chicken likes to hide under citrus trees. I've read about dug outs that people lived in back in the 1800's. I love feng shui, but I look at it more from an artistic sense. I just like the energy of things being clean, put away, and organized. You can feel when a house has good energy.

Lainey
5-30-14, 7:50pm
I also think it's just cheaper to build squares and rectangles with wood or brick material.

That said, I always find it funny to go into a restaurant and watch as most customers like to sit in booths or tables along the walls - I think we humans do like to burrow and not be out in the middle of things with no protection, so to speak.