PDA

View Full Version : Latest update on my dad, who has Alzheimer's

simplelife2
3-17-11, 8:01pm
Just wanted to leave a note here since so many were supportive when I was going through some serious medical issues with my dad. On Saturday, we celebrated his 87th birthday with all of the family. He's still on a pureed diet, but I made him ice cream cake, which he was cleared to eat. And best news of all, we went for a walk yesterday and he made it all around the block with his walker. Every day I have with him has been a gift and I'm glad he decided to stick around a bit longer. What I have found interesting is that he has been more positive and upbeat than he has been in months. If it's simply because he has found peace with his own mortality, that's OK. We have both grown through this experience.

Mrs-M
3-17-11, 8:13pm
Thank you for the update Simplelife2. I remember sending well and caring wishes you and your dads way and I'm taking this moment to send more. Will keep you both in my heart, my thoughts, and my prayers.

loosechickens
3-17-11, 8:57pm
that's great......I'm glad you came back on to keep us posted, and glad that you are able to be enjoying some special time with your Dad still.

earthshepherd
3-18-11, 7:25am
that sounds like a very good day! I am glad he is doing well at the moment.

Stella
3-18-11, 8:57am
That was an uplifting thing to read this morning! Thanks for sharing. I will keep you and your dad in my prayers!

Kat
3-18-11, 9:50am
Thanks for sharing that update with us. I know it has been a long road for your both. I am so glad he was able to celebrate his birthday surrounded by people who love him. May you have many more good days with him!