PDA

View Full Version : sister passed away

margene
3-19-11, 1:26pm
This was completely unexpected. She died from a fungal infection last Sunday. Huge hole in my life. Didn't realize how much I needed her. I wake up every morning, when I do sleep, with my heart pounding. Now I'm going over all the missed opportunities, all the times I could have been a much better sister.

earthshepherd
3-19-11, 1:28pm
(((((margene))))) comfort, strength and blessings to you. What a hard time.

CathyA
3-19-11, 1:46pm
Oh Margene, I'm so sorry. ((((((hugs))))))

leslieann
3-19-11, 2:06pm
I'm so sorry for your loss, margene. Sending a wish for peace.

danna
3-19-11, 2:09pm
So sorry for your great loss please take care of yourself....

Mrs-M
3-19-11, 2:26pm
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. A caring hug for you Margene. I hope you have family and loved ones around who you can count on at this trying time.

Rosemary
3-19-11, 2:41pm
I am so very sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace.

kally
3-19-11, 3:35pm
I am so sorry.

Stella
3-19-11, 4:31pm
(((margene)))) that is awful! I am so sorry for your loss!

SoSimple
3-19-11, 4:34pm
Margene, I'm so sorry. Sudden loss of a sibling is hard - I lost my brother very suddenly a number of years back and it still hurts.

razz
3-19-11, 4:40pm
Sincere sympathy for your loss and your turbulent feelings. Is there some way you could deal with your regrets by assisting other family members in some constructive way that will help you?

iris lily
3-19-11, 5:24pm
This was completely unexpected. She died from a fungal infection last Sunday. Huge hole in my life. Didn't realize how much I needed her. I wake up every morning, when I do sleep, with my heart pounding. Now I'm going over all the missed opportunities, all the times I could have been a much better sister.

It's so hard on family when someone healthy just up and dies. So sorry for this shock for you.

Glo
3-19-11, 5:54pm
My sympathy and prayers are with you.

loosechickens
3-19-11, 7:02pm
I'm so sorry, Margene.....cyberhugs coming your way....many of them.

Simplemind
3-19-11, 7:07pm
I'm sorry for your loss Margene. Know in your heart that your sister knew how much you loved her. ((hugs))

Fawn
3-19-11, 7:33pm
(((((Margarene)))))

Float On
3-19-11, 8:22pm
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Bastelmutti
3-20-11, 8:08am
Sorry to hear that - and sending you positive thoughts.

mira
3-20-11, 8:56am
I'm so sorry for your loss, Margene. Much love to you and the rest of your family x

Kat
3-20-11, 10:20am
(((margene))) I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that good memories will bring you peace and comfort. Take care and be kind to yourself.

Sad Eyed Lady
3-20-11, 11:00am
Adding my thoughts to those already expressed here - I am sorry for the loss of your sister and the shock it must have been for you. Cherish all the good times and the joys the two of you shared.

KayLR
3-20-11, 11:31am
How shocking and sad. It just doesn't seem fair sometimes, does it? I am sending thoughts and prayers for peace and comfort.

domestic goddess
3-20-11, 12:23pm
I send my sympathies to you, Margene, and prayers for peace. When someone dies suddenly, I think it is natural to think about missed opportunities, but try to think also of the good times, and eventually those will replace the sadder thoughts in your mind and heart. My dad also died of a fungal infection, and it seems to be a not uncommon event. During the time he was in the hospital, though, we had come to expect his death, but it was still shocking, and very sad. You are raw and bleeding in your heart, so please be kind to yourself now.

EarthSky
3-20-11, 9:52pm
I am so, so sorry for your loss, Margene. Please take care of yourself, and grieve in whatever way works for you. Don't let anyone give you a timeline - "grief takes as long as it takes." You will never be the same with such a profound loss, but I pray that you find some peace with the memories you do have of your sister.

Selah
3-21-11, 9:27am
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister, Margene. My heart goes out to you and your loved ones during this difficult time.

puglogic
3-21-11, 5:38pm
Hugs and strength to you, margene. Take tender care of yourself.

Gardenarian
3-21-11, 6:05pm
I'm so sorry, margene. Blessings to you and your family.

early morning
3-21-11, 9:35pm
(((Margene))) I am so sorry for your loss....

daisy
3-21-11, 11:02pm
I am so sorry, Margene.

Spartana
3-22-11, 2:23pm
I am so sorry for your loss. My brother passed away many years ago and I know how much it hurts. Now it's just me and my sister - who is my best friend and my only family - so I can understand the depth of your loss.

jennipurrr
3-22-11, 2:43pm
So sorry to hear about your loss. (((margene)))

Simpler at Fifty
3-22-11, 5:32pm
I am sorry for your loss Margene. Please don't beat yourself up about the woulda coulda shouldas.

It is hard to lose a sister, just about did me in. I am so sorry for your loss.

Wildflower
3-23-11, 4:31am
I'm so sorry, Margene. It is devastating to lose a sister.

margene
3-24-11, 9:07am
Thank you everyone. Your kindness means a lot to me. I have to be strong now for my mom and my niece.

Mrs-M
3-26-11, 10:58am
Have had you on my mind every day Margene. Take care of yourself and make time to rest.

margene
3-29-11, 9:14am
Thank you Mrs-M.

happystuff
4-3-11, 6:36am
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you prayers and comforting energies.

debi
4-4-11, 4:17pm
Margene, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you prayers and comforting karma.

Mrs-M
1-16-12, 6:31pm
Bump.

Haven't heard from you in such a long time, Margene. Do drop by sometime (when you can) to say hello, you are missed.

danna
1-16-12, 7:48pm
Margene, I am truly sorry for your loss, a sudden loss has to be very hard to understand...I have just recently lost my
husband after a long illness, but even then one is left with so many regrets and what if and what I should have dones.
I am only now starting to realize those thoughts are not going to help me or the rest of the family left behind.
Please be kind to yourself...at first when people kept saying this to me I thought they were talking only about the physical but,
mental kindness to yourself is what you need right now.

peggy
1-16-12, 8:12pm
I am so sorry for your loss.

Simpler at Fifty
1-16-12, 8:22pm
I am sorry for your loss Margene. When you have a thought about a missed opportunity, write down a good memory. Keep a pen and paper with you even by your bedside. Each day, read all the good memories you have written down. It will take time but the good memories will take over your thoughts of 'coulda would shoulda'. Hugs to you.

ejchase
1-17-12, 11:52pm
I am so sorry for your loss.

I have a lot of regrets about not being a better daughter to my mother, who passed away when I was 27. One thing that has struck me over the years, though, is how many times I have come across - in going through her things and mine, in talking to relatives and friends - signs that I was kind and generous with her on many occasions - and more often than I at first remembered. Of course, I remember the times I was selfish too, but it's good to know that's not the whole picture.

So I agree with the other poster who suggested you write memories down - and I encourage you to write down some memories of times you were really there for her. I'm sure some will eventually come to mind.

margene
1-19-12, 6:42pm
Mrs M thanks for inquiring about me. to everyone else thank you as well. You probably don't realize this happened in March. Not saying I'm in anyway over it. Ejchase my neice was also 27 at the time of her moms death, too me a young age to lose your mom. Dana I'm very sorry about your husband. Watching someone suffer is certainly not easy either.
In almost every close relationship there's gonna be regrets. That's just normal. She was a big part of my life and I still miss her every day. At thanksgiving i wrote down a list of all the things i was thankful to her for. we all had "good" cry. It was theurapudic. I like the suggestion of writing down the good memories. I think I'll do that.

Mrs-M
1-19-12, 7:10pm
Margene, I'm so happy (and relieved) to hear back from you. They say "time heals", and I'm a believer in that, but I do know how trying it can be. Do drop-by again when you can, as you have a special way about you that helps brighten the board.

frugalone
1-20-12, 12:52am
Margene: I am very sorry. I recently became much closer to my sister, after years of drifting apart. Please don't blame yourself for not being a better sister. We all could say that, about our relationships. All we can do is try.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers--and I wish you peace and healing.