PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Davidwd
8-27-14, 1:03pm
Hi,
i really like the idea of simple living. My grandmother was the queen of simple living, she never had a car, she cycled or used public transport. She had a wonderful village life and was mainly self sufficient growing more than half of her needs. She lived to 92 and was fit and active until the day she died.

I have had high pressure jobs and suffer with anxiety and stress. Its time to change and I feel this is the right way. I am now self employed and make enough to get by. So simple living here I come! I have started decluttering and feel better already, looking forward now to growing some great home produce.

David

IshbelRobertson
8-27-14, 1:55pm
Hello!
You live in a beautiful area of the country. We used to visit Cambridge regularly when family members were at Uni there!

Jump in, the water's warm :)

awakenedsoul
8-27-14, 5:53pm
Hi David,

Welcome to the forum. Your grandmother sounds like she was a wonderful lady. I would love to hear more about her. It sounds like you had a great role model for simple living. I am now using a bicycle and public transport, as well. It's saving me a lot of money!

Congratulations on the self employment. Let us know how things are going...

Tussiemussies
8-27-14, 7:55pm
Hi!

Sounds like so many th things are going well your way...and it is great to work for yourself. You will find lots of great ideas from the folks here to help you along the way...chris

Aroha
8-27-14, 8:50pm
Hi David, welcome to simple living and to decluttering, they go hand in hand.

cdttmm
8-28-14, 6:34am
Welcome, David! Looking forward to learning from you!

Davidwd
8-28-14, 9:44am
Thank you all for your kind words.

David

SteveinMN
8-28-14, 12:06pm
Welcome aboard! I'm looking forward to seeing your posts!

Mentes
8-28-14, 12:56pm
:welcome:Hi David from another newbie.

Marion
8-28-14, 4:03pm
Welcome, it's great to have another European aboard !

Selah
8-28-14, 5:37pm
Welcome, David! It's terrific that you have switched your working situation around so you can live more simply and peacefully. Welcome, and I look forward to hearing more about your life and your journey towards simplicity.

Float On
8-28-14, 9:09pm
Welcome!

lac
8-29-14, 11:52am
Welcome! Simple is smart!

chauddog
9-27-14, 8:15am
Welcome David! It is always great to see other people striving towards a truer free existence. My partner and I are on that path too. We sold almost everything, moved to the country and quit our high paying but high pressure corporate jobs (I leave mine in 1 week) on a path towards self-employment self-sufficiency. Look forward to your insights and updates.

Davidwd
9-28-14, 12:25pm
Hi Chaudog,

Thank you, it takes a bit of "getting your head around it" and breaking bad habits and forming new habits. At the supermarket last week I picked some cheap tools, but before I got to the checkout I remembered a saying my father used to say to me "it's not cheap if you don't need it!" So I am getting better and now I question everything I buy. Before I buy anything I say to the item. " do you deserve a place in my home? Will I be carting you off to the charity shop in 6 months time? Will you take up valuable cupboard space? Can I make do with something I already have?"

david