PDA

View Full Version : Old and New

Xmac
10-12-14, 10:21pm
Old paradigm: break the habit.
New paradigm: wake to pattern.

Zoe Girl
10-12-14, 10:45pm
Sounds like a Buddhisty thing, wake to the pattern, don't fight the pattern, don't make an enemy of the pattern, and don't be controlled by the pattern

ApatheticNoMore
10-13-14, 3:16am
How I'd interpret it: a lot of psychological thinking holds the belief that deep and not just intellectual but emotional awareness of one's patterns if a powerful force for change, that fuller awareness and realization as catalyst, and so it attempts to get at it by whatever technique it is using.

I don't know, it may provide a spark, but it's of course not supposed to be a magic answer (ie requiring no effort to change anything) any more than any others are.

catherine
10-13-14, 4:03am
I really like that, Xmac. It suggests not only are you growing into something, the "something" has always been there.

Xmac
10-13-14, 1:09pm
Sounds like a Buddhisty thing
Well, I've definitely had Buddhist influence.

wake to the pattern, don't fight the pattern, don't make an enemy of the pattern, and don't be controlled by the pattern
Yes, and if you do fight, make enemies, are controlled, or even judge the pattern....just notice, because it's always been okay anyway.

Gardenarian
10-13-14, 3:16pm
Are there always patterns? Can we break out of them? Should we?

Xmac
10-15-14, 12:48pm
Patterns are the dance of change and chaos (infinite possibilities) is the change of patterns.

Your results may vary...no pun intended.!Splat!