PDA

View Full Version : Your Recommendations on New Winter pj's

HappyHiker
11-2-14, 1:44pm
I'm in need of some new, warm PJ's for the winter...my old ones have grown too short and thin...didn't keep me warm last night.

Do you have recommendations for materials, brands, online places to help me in my hunt...?

It's been a long time since I've had to purchase new pajamas so wondered if there's something better than flannel?

Thanks!

Tradd
11-2-14, 2:20pm
If you want something warm that doesn't cost a ton, check out Target. They have Cuddl Duds thermals in a variety of materials/weights (waffle knit, active wear, etc). I wear the thin active wear ones for bed, as well as under yoga pants and a t-shirt around the house. The bottoms will be worn under jeans in the winter. I keep my heat at 58-60F (all day long) in the winter and these keep me warm, under a down comforter.

If you can't find them in your local Target store, check out this link: http://www.target.com/sb/women-s-clothing/-/N-5xtcmZ55o9o#?lnk=lnav_shop%20categories_7 and look for the Warm Essentials by Cuddl Duds. I bought mine at the Target store for about $17 each piece (top/bottom). They appear to be on sale.

pinkytoe
11-2-14, 2:47pm
I like the CuddleDuds too - on sale (at least here) now for $7 a piece.

HappyHiker
11-2-14, 3:30pm
Thanks to you both! Just order a set online at $7.00 apiece, free shipping, $14.95 with tax.

Got 'em in Merlot...then I can drink my red wine in them and not worry about spillage stains.

What I think I'll like about these is that they have the tighter cuffed bottoms...hated how my old PJ's would ride up, leaving my lower calf cold and alone!

Good tips from you two -- thanks!

profnot
11-2-14, 9:38pm
I wear all cotton medium weight sweats in winter. I get them from DharmaTrading.com for cheap. I've been wearing them in cool months for years. Pants run long - fyi

Sweats and two coverlets means I can sleep with all windows open when it is in the low 40s here. Absolutely no heat on anywhere. And I'm from SoCalif so cold temps are new to me.

http://www.dharmatrading.com/clothing/women/sweat-pants-for-adults.html?lnav=clothing_men.html

Zoe Girl
11-2-14, 9:39pm
cuddle dud are great

Miss Cellane
11-3-14, 7:27am
My warmest winter pajamas . . . aren't really pajamas. I wear silk longjohns, then add an old cashmere sweater with holes in the elbows, but with a collar to keep cold drafts off my neck, and some cotton knit pants over top. This will keep me warm in bed, even when the temperature gets below 20 degrees. If I'm lounging around the house, I might need to add a wool shawl or a sweatshirt.

But the Cuddleduds are a great idea. I have some of those as well. Just remember, if they aren't warm enough some nights for where you live, put another thin layer over them and you will probably be plenty warm.

Lately, as the temps have been dropping and I don't want to turn on the heat, I've just been adding a sweatshirt to my regular pajamas and I'm toasty warm.

HappyHiker
11-8-14, 3:26pm
Received my Cuddleduds in the mail. Like the garnet color. Not cold enough yet (in NC) to try them out yet.

If you order, go up a size. I ordered a large though I'm a medium and the large is not too big, fit just right.

I'm a size 10, around 140 lbs. if that helps you in your ordering. Don't know about you, but I hate tight PJ's that bind!

Molly
11-16-14, 10:40am
I love flannel. A good way to find inexpensive, quality flannel is to check ebay. Many sellers sell brand new items, usually overstocks. I would stay away from cheap fabrics. They can feel like cardboard after a few washings. I just got a pair of beautiful, new with tags, Carole Hochman pjs from ebay for half the retail price. They will last for years.

sweetana3
11-16-14, 11:48am
I buy microfleece. like sleeping in a soft fleece blanket. Had some for over 12 years. Finally got some new ones. They never seem to lose their softness. What wears out are the buttons and edges.