PDA

View Full Version : Don't give up

TxZen
12-2-14, 10:39am
Just when you think you are the receiving end of the crap train...

I will tell y'all this. I have been working on my inner spiritual side and dealing with all the transgression over the past 2-3 years. I thought it was just me. Life was just one big crap shoot and I was on the receiving end of the bad stuff. But then I changed my attitude as to how I perceiving and receiving things in my life and by golly, it has turned around ten fold. I also learned to Let it go, by writing a letter and let it all just pour out and say what I want to say, even if I am the only one reading it.

The hades, or place I used to work and the hades boss are now all going down. The truth is coming out and they are scrambling to explain and cover their tracks. You must understand the impact this is going to have on the local economy and the PR nightmare they are about to endure. People have even called me to say thank you for speaking the truth when no one would tell the truth and were hiding the facts. I feel like sticking to my morals and values and changing my attitude has helped tremendously.

So don't give up if you are struggling or thinking that things are not going to turn around, change your attitude and keep the faith.

KayLR
12-2-14, 11:53am
Nice post, GreenMama....glad things and perspectives look better for you. Can you elaborate at all on how you changed your attitude as to how you were perceiving and receiving things in your life?

Sorry if you've covered this in earlier posts.

TxZen
12-2-14, 3:49pm
I sure will.
I was always wondering why bad things happen to good people. I have always gone above and beyond and felt like I got crapped on all the time, no matter what I did. Well, first I stopped worrying about what others think of me, may be thinking of me, may in the future be thinking of me or even looking sideways at me. I let it go.

Second- I wrote the words "I did my job, as expected, going above and beyond and delivered with great happiness in my heart." Silly but I read that everyday to remind myself I didn't fail my job, my boss and corporate failed me. I can lay my head down at night and feel like I did my job and did it well.

Third- I just concentrate on gratitude, happiness, my goals and dreams and keeping it positive. I light a candle and just focus for 5 minutes maybe on these things. I also practice "zipping up" When I am about to go into a situation or something is turning negative, I literally zip up from my belly to my lips (make like you are pulling up a zipper) and lock my mouth (make a locking motion) I know sounds silly but I think it works for me.

As I mentioned, I wrote and wrote and wrote all the things I needed to get out. Whatever came out, came out. Then I let it go and send it out with love and light.

Kooky? I don't know but it works for me.

ToomuchStuff
12-2-14, 6:14pm
In the end, you can't change others, you can only change yourself. Change comes from within and only when one is ready for it.

TxZen
1-1-15, 9:43am
Happy New Year y'all!!! I went into the midnight hour at peace for the first time in years. I know I am going down the right path and am even looking forward to the bumps that lay ahead. My feeling for this year is to not compromise for anyone, anything, any job, any opportunity- if it does not align with what I truly want. This goes along with living my truth and not being the "people pleaser" I once was. I am also becoming more centered. I know understand what triggers chaos in my life, especially that chaos in my head. That really is it for me this year. I feel like if I can stick to these 3 things, I know I can change a lot of the way things are going in my life. I already feel happier, lighter, and more centered.

wren
1-1-15, 4:15pm
Green Mama, I'm glad things are finally working out as they should. Good for you, that you stayed true to your values. You are right, Never Give Up.

There are some song lyrics about this, that I'm reminded of when I have to deal with crap....

'And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow,
With smiling b@stards lying to you everywhere you go:
Turn to, and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain,
And like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again!'

It's from a great Stan Rogers song.

TxZen
1-1-15, 4:48pm
Love that Wren.

I feel very at peace today. I am puttering around the house, neighbor brought over some food for the boys and the dogs are having fun playing in the mud. ;)

I have been playing on Pinterest all day and have a small list of items I need to fill out my wardrobe. It's been fun, though I may have freaked out my husband a bit with the amount of clothes I purged but he just let's me go do my thing. :) It's been very refreshing for me because in that bag sits a large portion of my old work clothes. Another move toward letting go and moving forward.

Float On
1-1-15, 6:12pm
I missed this when you started this thread early in December. Very good to read it today. I have some things I need to write daily this year...

rodeosweetheart
1-2-15, 12:26pm
"Second- I wrote the words "I did my job, as expected, going above and beyond and delivered with great happiness in my heart." Silly but I read that everyday to remind myself I didn't fail my job, my boss and corporate failed me. I can lay my head down at night and feel like I did my job and did it well."

I want to thank you so much for this post--I had a bad situation happen at work 2 days ago, and I read your post and made a deliberate effort to focus on what you said here, that I did my job well and that was enough, that I did not have to get drawn into the negativity and chaos engineered by an unhappy, angry person.

It really works! Thank you, I am focusing on this to put that bad situation behind me, and not give it any more obsessive thinking.

So thanks, Green! You have really helped me through a bad couple of days!

TxZen
1-2-15, 1:15pm
WOOT WOOT Rodeo!!!!

I let so much energy be driven to thinking I did something wrong. I was not perfect, no one is BUT I gave 250% for 2 years and did everything in my power to make it the best. I am actively working on this, day by day, in all kinds of situations and also remembering what is the lesson here?

I took away that I will always put my heart and soul into all I do but I won't apologize for who I am nor let people take away my power.

Rachel
1-27-15, 3:34am
Just reading this tonight, late at night. This is so good to hear. I love what you are saying, it is just what I needed. Thank you.

Zoe Girl
1-27-15, 8:50am
WOOT WOOT Rodeo!!!!

I let so much energy be driven to thinking I did something wrong. I was not perfect, no one is BUT I gave 250% for 2 years and did everything in my power to make it the best. I am actively working on this, day by day, in all kinds of situations and also remembering what is the lesson here?

I took away that I will always put my heart and soul into all I do but I won't apologize for who I am nor let people take away my power.

i needed this today. Last friday i wrote about how i was exhausted and said things in a way that is not typical for me, grumpy and blunt. well yesterday i had a regular part of my job that has been an issue with the other person, a lot of crap and the last meeting we had about it as a group ended with lots of things I apparently needed to do better. i walked away feeling like i had taken the hit for the higher good, but then yesterday my paperwork and scholarship request for a family was answered in 3 hours!! nothing was lost, nothing was argued, just handled. on friday i told my boss maybe we shouldn't even try to run my site this way and i didn't want to do it anymore. bold words, and then some results.

TxZen
1-27-15, 8:55am
Yeah Zoe Girl!!!

I am really learning to focus my energy on what I want, the positive and ignoring people that just can't be nice or find anything to be grateful for. My old boss- cripes- I could have made her $500k in a month (and I did, after she lost us over $4 million) and she would still crap on my parade. I did my job the right way and if that is not good enough for her, then well screw her. Glad to be out of the situation but I am now more empowered in myself.

I always say if I can lay my head on my pillow at nice in good grace, I am doing just fine. :)