PDA

View Full Version : Looking to live simply

TSL
1-11-15, 3:57am
Hi everyone,

It's great to be part of your community.

My Wife an I have been looking at ways in which to simplify our lives for some years now, but we are still learning and want to explore ways that we've not yet thought of, hence joining the forums.

Over the last four years we have downsized house 4 times and now live in around 800 square feet of space and are starting to realise that maybe this is still too big for us.

De-cluttering is something we've been doing for years, and we still do it from time to time, there is always something that is no longer required, we have even extended this to the loft which we use as storage and have removed around 50% of the items up there.

Simple living means different things to different people, but to us, it means living a more natural, less stressful and less complicated lifestyle and I hope to be able to offer a worth while contribution to the forums.

Thanks for having me.

catherine
1-11-15, 7:49am
Welcome, TSL! Looking forward to hearing more about your simple living journey!

cdttmm
1-11-15, 8:21am
Welcome!

TxZen
1-11-15, 11:27am
Welcome!!!

Teacher Terry
1-11-15, 1:15pm
Great to have another new member:cool:.

SteveinMN
1-12-15, 7:46pm
Nice to see you here, TSL!

I noticed non-Americanized spelling and the use of the "feet" measurement -- where do you live?

rosarugosa
1-12-15, 7:58pm
Glad to have you join us, TSL!

Lainey
1-13-15, 8:01pm
Hi, TSL - sounds like you've already done a lot of simplifying. I'm sure you could teach some things to many here. Looking forward to more postings.

gimmethesimplelife
1-13-15, 8:33pm
Hi and welcome! Rob

awakenedsoul
1-14-15, 11:16am
TSL, Wow! You downsized four times! 800 square feet for two people is impressive. I'm working on the same thing, now that I'm in a relationship. My cottage is 567 square feet, and I have two large dogs. If feels so much more open when you don't have a lot of stuff...

Welcome to the forum!

TSL
1-20-15, 7:31am
Thanks for the many welcomes, it's great to be part of the forum.

I'm living in the UK but we are considering moving abroad, possibly Europe, we are looking for sufficient land to grow more of our own food, and a small dwelling around 500 square foot so that we can reduce our impact on the world.

De-cluttering offers a great feeling and it's very satisfying to free up space around you whilst helping charities out in the process.

Simple living is obviously and ongoing process and different for everyone, but I hope I can contribute in some way to the forums and help others. ;)

Si