PDA

View Full Version : What Keirsey Personality are you?

catherine
2-6-15, 7:37am
http://www.playbuzz.com/josephinemayfield10/which-keirsey-personality-type-are-you?smff=fb

Given some of our "debates" and the different ways we all approach simple living, I thought it might be useful to post this personality quiz--this one breaks it down into only 4 personality types:

--Guardian
--Idealist
--Artisan
--Rational

Apparently everyone falls into one of these basic archetypes. This isn't anything to take that seriously, though, it's one of those tests that you either can guess before you take it, or while you're taking it, the questions are so loaded. But I thought it would fun anyway. It only takes less than 5 minutes.

I came up Idealist.

How about you?

rosarugosa
2-6-15, 8:16am
Rational.

TxZen
2-6-15, 8:30am
You're an Idealist! Idealists are abstract and compassionate day dreamers, activists, writers, diplomats, counsellors and healers. You're the magician or medicine man of all the personality types. You're a deeply emotional and abstract thinker with cooperative and communitarian goals. You long for deep, meaningful relationships and you constantly contemplate how you can help the common good. You're guided by strong personal ethics, and you often have an ideology, cause, or way of viewing the world that you take very seriously. You're easy going until someone challenges your values, at which point you can be the fiercest of opponents. At heart, you're a natural healer with a great depth of empathy for those around you. As an Idealist, you're in impressive company! Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi, Eleanor Roosevelt, Princess Diana, and Oprah are all famous examples of Idealists! Do you feel more like Gandhi or Oprah? Let us know!

herbgeek
2-6-15, 8:38am
Rational. Which doesn't surprise me. Daytime job as engineer. ;)

Float On
2-6-15, 8:43am
Artisan.
That fits me perfectly.

lessisbest
2-6-15, 9:01am
Rational

No surprise, although it's sure to represent only about 25% of the female population. I'm a Joe Friday kinda' gal - just the facts....

I used "Please Understand Me" Character & Temperament Types by David Keirsey and Marilyn Bates to place volunteers in positions they would work best in when I was head of museum volunteers. Saved a lot of potential problems down the line.

CathyA
2-6-15, 9:20am
Guardian.

Zoe Girl
2-6-15, 9:29am
idealist, makes a lot of sense. not sure that it is always such a great thing,

i love that you used the Please understand me book, i want to do meyers-brigss with all my staff, i have a small staff and it would even be better with a larger group but that is okay

nswef
2-6-15, 9:38am
Guardian. Not a surprise.

IshbelRobertson
2-6-15, 9:53am
Idealist.

JaneV2.0
2-6-15, 10:37am
Rational. I'm relieved not to end up in the same slot as the lovely Princess Di. :~)

Gardenarian
2-6-15, 11:27am
Idealist. I wouldn't have thought so.

kib
2-6-15, 11:33am
Rational but I'd like it if they gave % - I'm probably 40% idealist with a little artisan bow on top.

Slightly off topic, the strangers question. I realized that I don't mind meeting a group of strangers who are also strangers to each other, we're all in the same boat and sorting things out. What I really dislike is going into a group of people who all know each other already.

libby
2-6-15, 11:58am
Rational

Francie
2-6-15, 12:43pm
Idealist, but hesitated a lot on some of the choices. As a libra, everything in balance ...

As an aside, I'm not Episcopalian, but as part of a spiritual-enrichment-thing DH and I are participating in (as part of our UU church), my "spiritual companion" is an Episcopal priest. He's extremely cool and insightful and he had both me and DH pegged as to our Meyers-Briggs types and the Eneagram (is that how you spell it?). When I laughed and told him he was extremely perceptive, he said "that's my job" :) . We attend a weekly Centering Prayer practice with him, and one at a Catholic church, and really enjoy both of them ... even though "enjoy" is not quite the right word. We're off to the one at the Catholic church in just a few minutes ...

Geila
2-6-15, 1:09pm
Idealist. Though some of the answers could go either way depending on the context. In a work, setting I lean heavily to Rational.

KayLR
2-6-15, 1:10pm
Idealist. However, I had a real hard time answering some of these... there were some where none of the choices were ones I was happy with.

catherine
2-6-15, 1:10pm
Idealist, but hesitated a lot on some of the choices. As a libra, everything in balance ...

As an aside, I'm not Episcopalian, but as part of a spiritual-enrichment-thing DH and I are participating in (as part of our UU church), my "spiritual companion" is an Episcopal priest. He's extremely cool and insightful and he had both me and DH pegged as to our Meyers-Briggs types and the Eneagram (is that how you spell it?). When I laughed and told him he was extremely perceptive, he said "that's my job" :) . We attend a weekly Centering Prayer practice with him, and one at a Catholic church, and really enjoy both of them ... even though "enjoy" is not quite the right word. We're off to the one at the Catholic church in just a few minutes ...

Francie, do you know of Richard Rohr? You'd probably really enjoy him--he's a Franciscan priest who heads the Center for Action and Contemplation in Albuquerque, NM. I LOVE his books.. and he's also the Enneagram thing--I mostly read him because I love what he says about non-duality and growing into a mature faith.

KayLR
2-6-15, 6:07pm

Libra here, too...hadn't thought about it, but probably why I hesitate so much choosing one option/answer over another.

Lainey
2-6-15, 7:03pm
Another female Rational here. (yes, it's very hard to have people give you 'just the facts' !)

Francie
2-6-15, 7:10pm
Thanks, Catherine, for the Richard Rohr recommendation. I do have one of his books, "Falling Upward", which I haven't got around to reading yet. Such is my life ... :help:

Azure
2-6-15, 7:35pm
Another Libra idealist here. I think I may have some of the rationalist in me. But I'm not sure. lol

Packy
2-6-15, 9:53pm
Stereotypes! That's what they are! I refuse to be stereotyped! Is that okay?<just trying to be funny. Thankk Mee.

catherine
2-7-15, 10:01am
Stereotypes! That's what they are! I refuse to be stereotyped! Is that okay?<just trying to be funny. Thankk Mee.

You break the mold anyway, Packy!

Packy
2-7-15, 11:44am
You break the mold anyway, Packy!Thankk You, very much. I consider that a compliment. Most people consider my comments to be very offensive, abusive, and that they feel violated and uncomfortable after they read them. That is why they only read them just long enough to feel violated and offended. Thankk Mee.

kimberlyf0
2-7-15, 1:00pm
Rational, and it makes sense.

Tussiemussies
2-7-15, 11:12pm
I came up with Idealist, and a lot of the description rang true for me!

razz
2-8-15, 11:34am
Because it was neat to read some of the other descriptions, I am adding this for rational.You're a Rational! I am not sure that this is true of me at all as I am very idealistic and protective as well but it must be the dominant aspect of one's personality.

Rationals are abstract and objective thinkers that seek knowledge. You strive to learn as many subjects as possible and you have an incredible knack for strategic thinking. You're most likely tech savvy, down to earth, and very reliable. As a rational, you also excel in any kind of logical investigation. This makes you perfect for anything that involves a deep level of thinking or strategizing. You either tend to be an attentive mastermind and use your intelligence for coordinating people and things or you're a true architect at heart with incredible intellectual potential. As a Rational, you're in some seriously awesome company! Charles Darwin, Albert Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Naploeon and Julius Ceaser were all famous Rationals! Do you feel like an Einstein or Julius Caesar? Let us know!

catherine
2-8-15, 11:45am
Ok, here's the market researcher in me coming out… I have to compile the data: it's like a twitch :)

So, of those who took the test:

45% of us are Idealists! We're looking for a better world through simple living, I guess
41% of us are Rationals--the "Just the facts" folks (as lessisbest said). Interesting how the idealists/rationalists are almost evenly split (Let's just say iris lilies did this test and pulled up the Rational count ;) We'd be even.
Only 2 (9%) Guardians! Very interesting.
And, Float On, you represent the only Artisan, although I know there are more artisans out there on the board (awakenedsoul and SiouxQ, where are you?)

mschrisgo2
2-8-15, 11:48am
Artisan.
This really does describe me, AND explains why I sometimes get frustrated and feel that my work is not a good fit. Well, not so much the work (classroom teacher) but the system/school district. They are funneling an exorbitantamount of money into various computer systems to administer and track tests, i.e. Common Core Accountability.

catherine
2-8-15, 12:01pm
Artisan.
This really does describe me, AND explains why I sometimes get frustrated and feel that my work is not a good fit. Well, not so much the work (classroom teacher) but the system/school district. They are funneling an exorbitantamount of money into various computer systems to administer and track tests, i.e. Common Core Accountability.

Cool! Thanks msschris---another Artisan to keep FloatOn company.

And by the way, I forgot Packy--Packy, you're what's known in the data collection business as an "outlier." I'm sure you'll take that as a compliment, too!

crunchycon
2-9-15, 1:09pm
Rational.

Packy
2-10-15, 5:35pm
Cool! Thanks msschris---another Artisan to keep FloatOn company.

And by the way, I forgot Packy--Packy, you're what's known in the data collection business as an "outlier." I'm sure you'll take that as a compliment, too!Outlier? An out-and-out liar? Well, thanks. That said, I have told a few fish stories, on occasion(mainly, here): but at there is at least a grain of Truth to my Falsehoods. They are more like Parables, than True Accounts. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.

SiouzQ.
2-20-15, 8:01am
Hey, I am an artisan too. No surprise here!

Gregg
3-18-15, 3:38pm
Rational here, but I already knew that.

Tenngal
4-23-15, 9:01am
Guardian

iris lilies
4-23-15, 10:00am
Ok, here's the market researcher in me coming out… I have to compile the data: it's like a twitch :)

So, of those who took the test:

45% of us are Idealists! We're looking for a better world through simple living, I guess
41% of us are Rationals--the "Just the facts" folks (as lessisbest said). Interesting how the idealists/rationalists are almost evenly split (Let's just say iris lilies did this test and pulled up the Rational count ;) We'd be even.
Only 2 (9%) Guardians! Very interesting.
And, Float On, you represent the only Artisan, although I know there are more artisans out there on the board (awakenedsoul and SiouxQ, where are you?)

funny! I just read this after taking the test and yes indeed I am a rational.

TVRodriguez
4-23-15, 11:57am
Rational. No surprise.