PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Thing

kib
2-6-15, 11:12am
http://jalopnik.com/hondas-n-truck-n-camp-concept-returns-joy-to-the-people-1684019014

Why oh why oh why can't they bring joy to people HERE??? This is my idea of the perfect life.

catherine
2-6-15, 11:15am
What a thing of beauty! Thanks for sharing! I don't even mind the periwinkle color.

Gardenarian
2-6-15, 11:25am
Oh, that is fabulous!

Float On
2-6-15, 11:30am
Adorable.....just to figure out where to put 2 kayaks.

kib
2-6-15, 11:36am
Up on the roooof ... you can do it!

iris lilies
2-6-15, 11:39am
What a thing of beauty! Thanks for sharing! I don't even mind the periwinkle color.

Oh stop that! haha. Periwinkle is the only "blue" shade I like. I call it French blue which makes it palatable.

Perhaps it is my poor interwebz skills but I can only pull up one interior photo. Is there some kind of fold down bed in this thing?

kib
2-6-15, 11:43am
I think it's just a concept, they didn't get into much detail about the interior. I think it would have to be a pop up of some sort, it couldn't be more than 5' tall as the picture shows it. I'm going to imagine it has some sort of kitchenette and toilet, and guessing the bed is that area above the truck bed.I know if they gave me one I'd figure out that part for myself. I'm just excited someone else had an idea for a manageable sized mix n match set of car and house. :~)

herbgeek
2-6-15, 12:28pm
I love this. I find American RV's too big and too crowded, ie you have to have couch space for everyone, then dining space for everyone, instead of just putting up a table when you need one. All I really need is a comfy chair and a table (assuming the bed is over the cab area). And a bathroom. I would love to have furniture that just folds up so it could be a multi functional space. You would be the talk of the campground to be able to do tai chi inside your tiny RV. LOL.

goldensmom
2-6-15, 12:39pm
Adorable.....just to figure out where to put 2 kayaks.

I'd have to figure out where to put my 6'5" husband.

kib
2-6-15, 12:49pm
I love this. I find American RV's too big and too crowded, ie you have to have couch space for everyone, then dining space for everyone, instead of just putting up a table when you need one. All I really need is a comfy chair and a table (assuming the bed is over the cab area). And a bathroom. I would love to have furniture that just folds up so it could be a multi functional space. You would be the talk of the campground to be able to do tai chi inside your tiny RV. LOL. Yes. That's always been an issue for me when looking for a camping vehicle - I don't need to sleep or serve six people, or even four. I want a small amount of very comfortable furniture (two swiveling captain's chairs that convert into beds, plus a sturdy little rolling table /desk would be plenty of chairs, tables, desks and beds in my living and driving life combined), and a bit of stretching room.

kib
2-6-15, 12:52pm
Also on the roof. :~)

catherine
2-6-15, 1:39pm
Oh stop that! haha. Periwinkle is the only "blue" shade I like. I call it French blue which makes it palatable.

I love periwinkle, too, but as far as car colors go--I want only white! Car colors can date the older cars horribly. I have a neighbor across the street who had an old 70s-green car until the day he died, a few years back, and to this day, the neighborhood "kids" (now adults) call it The BoogerMobile.

ToomuchStuff
2-7-15, 1:04am
When I first saw the image, it reminded me of the VW Microbus Concept van they had a few years back. I remember how some of the old ones, were shortened and it reminded me a lot of them.

shadowmoss
2-7-15, 5:57am
Here is the camper van/rv that I want. Small, simple.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/class-b/2015/travato/floorplans

Oh, and expensive...

goldensmom
2-7-15, 1:23pm

Also on the roof. :~)

Now there's an idea but if he smiles I would have to stop periodically to scrape the bugs off of his teeth. :D

kib
2-7-15, 5:46pm
Now there's an idea but if he smiles I would have to stop periodically to scrape the bugs off of his teeth. :D True ...you could put him feet first but then I guess you'd have to get them out of his nose instead.

kib
2-7-15, 6:00pm
Here is the camper van/rv that I want. Small, simple.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/class-b/2015/travato/floorplans

Oh, and expensive...I had a used 23' winnie with a similar layout, but it was a standard Class A, so really tall with multiple storage bins underneath. I'm a huge believer in the swivel driver's seats - they're built to be comfortable, while the dinette seating benches are both redundant and excruciating to spend an afternoon on. And I have to say, depending on the number of people using the vehicle, a vanity sink can be a redundant space waster. If I were puchasing I would definitely consider this one, I've had a thing for Road Treks for years, but I think it's more than I'd need at this point.

bae
2-7-15, 6:09pm
I saw one of these at REI a few years ago, and thought it was superb:

http://www.tinytrailer.com/

kib
2-7-15, 6:20pm
Bae, I do love the teardrops, but when I think of them I always wind up deciding they're not quite enough. More like towing a metal tent around with you, still have to cook in the rain, poop under trees, shower in the gas station bathroom. I guess I'm discovering that while I do have wanderlust, I'm not all that much of an outdoorswoman after all.