PDA

View Full Version : Massive decluttering

iris lilies
3-31-15, 10:54pm
so today I decluttered one big fat giant JOB!

I am retired, yay!

Zoe Girl
3-31-15, 11:03pm
yeah (i was looking for the 'like' button)

Valley
3-31-15, 11:14pm
Celebrate this moment!!

Tammy
3-31-15, 11:20pm
High five!

Tradd
3-31-15, 11:46pm
Woo hoo

ToomuchStuff
4-1-15, 12:23am
I won't ask if your going to regret that later.:laff::+1:

Reyes
4-1-15, 12:30am
So exciting!!! Congrats!!!

Gardenarian
4-1-15, 1:46am
Wow! I didn't see that coming :)
Congratulations and happy dances!

Simplemind
4-1-15, 2:57am
So happy for you.

ApatheticNoMore
4-1-15, 4:00am
have fun

rosarugosa
4-1-15, 4:40am
Congratulations IL! Enjoy, and be sure to share your adventures with us!

sweetana3
4-1-15, 5:15am
Iris, did that over 5 years ago. Wonderful feeling and wonderful life.

Float On
4-1-15, 6:46am
Woo Hoo!!! Congrats!!

nswef
4-1-15, 9:55am
Oh, you will love it!!!!!

pinkytoe
4-1-15, 10:12am
Congrats!!

IshbelRobertson
4-1-15, 12:04pm
Congratulations!

I celebrated by going on a long trip to Australia.

frugal-one
4-1-15, 3:28pm
Best time of life. You will never regret it!!!!!!

JaneV2.0
4-1-15, 4:14pm
Well played!

SteveinMN
4-1-15, 8:41pm
Congratulations! frugal-one is right: it's the best time of life. Enjoy it.

Lainey
4-1-15, 9:14pm
That's terrific, well deserved.
Would be fun to have a follow-up in a year for every one who's been retired at least that long to let those of us still working know how the first year went, whether they ended up spending their time as expected, any surprises, etc.

danna
4-1-15, 11:01pm
Enjoy...Enjoy....Enjoy as others have said it is the best time of your life......
After being up and out of the house by 8:00 everyday I now relax in the mornings and only make afternoon appts. (if possible)

Songbird
4-2-15, 2:41am
Congrats!! You will so enjoy...

I've been retired two years now and I enjoy my mornings, slowly sipping my coffee, reading, with a cat or dog on my lap, and don't go anywhere until the afternoon unless I have to. Love it!

shadowmoss
4-2-15, 5:33am
Congrats!

chrisgermany
4-2-15, 6:07am
Congratulations!
I retired 18 month ago and have not yet missed work nor felt bored.
Same to you!

Teacher Terry
4-2-15, 1:41pm
I retired 3 years ago. I never make an appt before 10 am. However, after 6 months I got bored & started p.t. consulting. One thing I enjoy is that some days I don't get dressed until the afternoon when I take the dogs for a walk. Congrats!

Kestra
4-2-15, 7:56pm
Congratulations! I love hearing about long time SL friend success stories.

larknm
4-5-15, 12:05pm
This is WONDERFUL, IL. Yes, keep us posted how it develops.

Francie
4-5-15, 5:27pm
Retirement can be a mixed blessing of sorts. DH retired nine years ago (I had quit my job about 11 years ago) ... and we're busier than ever before. DH has become SO involved in our church (UU) that it seems all we do is go back and forth (25-30 min each way, depending on time of day and traffic) to meetings and what-not. I was very involved as well for the first four or five years, and loved it, but since then it's become more of a burden for me, and he wants me to still be as involved as he is. So even tho I don't go to all the meetings he does, I STILL have to arrange my life around his and make sure dinner is at a certain time so he can eat before he goes, or after, depending on the time of the meeting, etc. etc. ... So it's always something. I'm just tired of the "go go go, do do do" thing. {sigh}

So what I really really want is for him to take his church involvement TO the church so he can be out of the house half a day every day and get out of my hair. I love him dearly (52 1/2 years together) but he's driving me crazy ... :D (and I'm sure I drive him crazy, too ... ... ... )

(edit ... as an aside, DH is exactly like his mother who was a social butterfly and busybusybusy all the time, and drove his dad crazy and he finally had enough and they divorced at about our age. That's not going to happen, tho ... )

razz
4-5-15, 7:36pm
Well, now you will have lots of extra time for your lilies and irises and suddenly be busier than ever. ;)

Yossarian
4-5-15, 8:45pm
Congratulations! I love hearing about long time SL friend success stories.

Did I see you are done too? So IL, Kestra and llamo all done? Wow.

gimmethesimplelife
4-5-15, 9:54pm
Congrats IL!!! Now enjoy......Rob

printslicker
5-7-15, 9:47pm
so today I decluttered one big fat giant JOB!

I am retired, yay!

Hello! Congratulations on your retirement :) My parents are now enjoying their retirement also and they are now in Holy Land having a tour with a bunch of senior citizens in our community :) I hope you enjoy your retirement too :)