PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NJ.

CP1970
4-7-15, 4:33am
Hello ! I am a 44 year old single man in New Jersey. I have been looking for a more simple life for 20 years, but I always get caught up in consumerism and middle class suburban life. I always seem to get drawn back into it. I have been doing a better job of fighting it off lately. I am getting to old to care about what the "world" wants. I am becoming a little rebellious, too little too late, but it helps keep me simple. I work for a big box retailer , and I hate the job and company. It has really started to turn me off of consumerism. I am looking to learn and get inspiration here. And I hope to make some friends. Thank for reading!

SteveinMN
4-7-15, 8:39am
Welcome, CP! There's a lot of food for thought here. I'm looking forward to seeing your posts!

razz
4-7-15, 10:43am
:welcome: As a Canadian, the challenges are similar but different in some ways as well. Lots of good ideas on this site. Post your questions and search out the old posts for suggestions

Lainey
4-7-15, 8:31pm
Hello CP from a former East Coast person, and welcome to the site.

catherine
4-7-15, 9:55pm
CP, I'm a New Jersey person, too! And I relate to what you were saying about being a late rebel bloomer. I'm enjoying getting older in that regard. Looking forward to hearing from you here!

CP1970
4-8-15, 4:20am
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I am enjoying exploring the forums.

Tussiemussies
4-9-15, 12:26am
Hi CP, I too am from NJ and have been pretty much a late bloomer with the simple-frugal lifestyle.

People here are very nice and helpful, so I am sure you will find what you are looking for....it will be nice to hesr from you too!

Christine