PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld Chains - May

ejchase
5-4-15, 10:28am
Hi All,

Some of us have been using the concept of the Seinfeld Chain to build organizing routines. Here's some info about it:

http://lifehacker.com/281626/jerry-s...ctivity-secret (http://lifehacker.com/281626/jerry-seinfelds-productivity-secret)

I've been working on 3 chains: an a.m. home routine, a 15-minute daily tidying up my office routine at work, and a p.m. home routine. I got off track recently, so am just restarting today and am in the midst of building my first link on my a.m. home routine.

Here's a place to check in about it this month.

Chicken lady
5-9-15, 2:15pm
hi ejchase, are you still working on it? I keep checking by, but I have nothing to report. I'm actually going backwards. I have moved stuff back into the basement, I have books in piles again, and my youngest just came home from college. She packed everything into big black plastic trash bags because her dad picked her up in the truck. It is very depressing to watch people carry an entire pick up load of black plastic trash bags INTO your house.

I didn't go out and buy a bunch of stuff though - it's just reshuffling for construction and end of year stuff that has to come home from my classroom. I'm still in survival mode.

ejchase
5-9-15, 5:51pm
Hi Chicken Lady - I've been building links here and there but have been having trouble building anything beyond 2 or 3. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it because this is the most challenging time of year in my job. I do plan to getting back to the routines soon, though. I probably will report once I have a chain of 3 or 4 links.

It sounds like you're not really going backwards - it's just the ebb and flow of life and stuff is affecting your basement project. Hang in there and thanks for checking in.

Chicken lady
5-21-15, 6:59pm
It's been a while - are you still getting links?

I added a couple of new things to the basement - empty storage bins and two dolls - but I'm feeling less overwhelmed. I think I will be able to get back to the clearing out in June.

Also, the "clean while the microwave is running" habit is still helping with the kitchen.

ejchase
5-23-15, 1:27am
I like that "clean while the microwave is running" idea. I may also add a "clean while the coffee is brewing" habit.

No, no links at the moment. I'm a teacher and swamped with grading at the moment, though I've been doing tidying up here and there. Hope to get back to the chains in about three weeks - around June 15th when the semester will be over, and I'll be back from a brief vacation.

Congrats on all the good work you've been doing! I'll be looking forward to returning to our buddy system in June!