PDA

View Full Version : April Gratitude

fidgiegirl
3-30-11, 9:26pm
What are we thankful for in this beautiful season of spring?

I need some positive thinking in my life right now :)

The snow is almost gone. I am kind of salivating over seeing our plants send up their shoots. I am excited that we have a bunch of perennials in year 3 of being in the ground and a bunch of others in year 2. They should be looking really good. God knows they were under enough protective snow cover all winter. ;)

I have a wonderful husband who listens to everything I have to say. I so appreciate that about him.

Gina
3-30-11, 11:47pm
-It's spring here, it's lovely, and things are blooming

-Love the kitties

-Love this house.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af140/smileyhangout/StarForDonny/th_hangingstar.gif

Fawn
3-31-11, 11:50am
~ I have four amazing children. Healthy. Smart. Funny. Good looking. If I had nothing else to put on this list, this alone makes me a rich woman.
~ I have a job that I love (when it is not exhausting me) that pays pretty well.
~ I have a charming home in a nice neighborhood, that is just the right size for us.
~ It is spring. I love spring.
~ I have a handful of wonderful friends. The kind that make me laugh on a regular basis and still would come over and clean my toilets if I needed them to.
~ I have a strong sense of Enough. This makes life easier and more joyful.
~ I have made peace with my demons.
~ I know how good I have it. I share when I can.

fidgiegirl
3-31-11, 10:37pm
I saw my husband today and got butterflies like when we first started dating. I wanted to give him a big hug but we were at work. It gave me a big smile. :D

domestic goddess
3-31-11, 11:49pm
I have much to be grateful for, but I realize that I don't express it often enough.
I have 2 beautiful, smart, funny, talented granddaughters. If I never have another thing, they are sufficient for a life well-spent.
I have a daughter that falls into the above categories, too. She often doesn't think so, but she does. And she is stronger than she thinks she is.
I am being pulled out of my shell, kicking and screaming, as I am staying at my dd's house. There are 6 of us here, the 4 of them, myself, and their boarder. We all get along pretty well, and everyone pretty well works together most of the time. Not much time or space for me to retreat, and that may be good for me, but I will reserve judgement on that one.
We have enough heat, and more than enough to eat. ;)
I, at least, have enough work. dsil is scrambling for enough work now, but he is getting some, at least. With all of us working together, we will make it.
Life really is good! :laff:

Stella
4-1-11, 10:43am
Kelli, I love the one about your husband! So sweet! I still feel that way about Zach frequently too.

Well, this April 1st it's pretty easy to find things to be grateful for. My brand new baby boy, my sweet older kids, my wondeful husband for being by my side through everything, my wonderful nurses and doctor, my dad and friend for taking care of the older kids. And having a pain-free labor! That rocked.

razz
4-1-11, 11:35am
It is a lovely time of year. I am grateful for my wonderful family as well as our lively dog that gets me out of the house twice a day, a lovely home and ample supplies on hand for both of us.

Something really special is happening though. I have a jeweller who told me bluntly that a gold chain that I was considering buying would not be suitable for 24 hour wear and fixed another from two old ones for a modest cost that beautifully met my need, a shoe store that gave me a full purchase price credit on shoes after 5 1/2 months of daily use when the store warranty return policy was only 3 months because the stitching on those shoes should have lasted much longer, my hairdresser who has policy of every 10th haircut free using a card to keep track, kept the card for me when I left it behind by mistake last time and I got the free cut yesterday.

Each of these merchants will keep getting my business due to their honesty!!!

babr
4-2-11, 9:32am
this is a nice thread

I have a very special dh; if we weren't married; we would be best friends; we share what is deepest in our hearts; enjoy the same activities and have the same goals; i feel very lucky to have him in my life

I live in an area that doesn't have massive earthquakes; at least not yet; tornadoes; floods etcs. i love all four seasons; each one bringing something special with it

I live in a wonderful condo that dh got for a deal 12 years ago and because of his smart decisions we are debt free; it is such a freeing feeling

I cannot work; but though it is stressful; dh has a good job; and lots of time off of work for us to do what we enjoy most travel and be out in nature; i can't work outside of the home but work hard inside to save in small ways that will get dh closer to semiretirement!

Stella
4-2-11, 9:38am
We might get to go home today! I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I have. I want my boy home with his sisters and brother. All my babies under one roof. I am grateful that this is a possibility.

fidgiegirl
4-2-11, 12:16pm
It lifts my spirits just to read this thread.

The sun is shining, the snow is running quickly down the gutters and the tulips are starting to poke up their little heads. We planted them in 2009 so I am happy they are making it back for a second spring.

My sister is coming over and we are going to have some scrapbooking time, which we haven't done in a long time. Should be fun!!

razz - your shopping experiences are nothing short of miraculous! :)

domestic goddess
4-2-11, 12:56pm
I am struck by the number of people who have said things like "thanks for this thread", "it lifts my spirits just to read this thread", and those who indicate that they are feeling better. It really shows that the good things in life aren't bought, and that we have the sense to realize and appreciate it.
I think we are really good around here at allowing people to vent; we even encourage it. But encouraging gratitude and the feelings of well-being that come with it is going the extra mile, I think. In economic times that are still tough for a number of people, it is a wonderful thing to be able to get away from that, even for a few minutes, and think about the good that still exists, and has always existed. We get so tied up in the economic stress that it is easy to forget the simple pleasures of spending time in a pleasant activity with a friend or family member, or the things we enjoy doing alone and are restorative for us. Just stopping to think about what we are grateful for is a restorative activity itself!
Let's come back to post and read often. It is good for us, and less painful for us than many other activities!

Polliwog
4-2-11, 2:29pm
I am thankful for:

My two sweet grandchildren who spent the night with grandma.
My health.
My dad who is 90 years of age.
My sons, my lovely daughters-in-law.
My small home - I am falling in love with it again.
Spring!
Life is so good.

Jinger
4-2-11, 6:05pm
Thankful for good health for me and my family and for a magical a day today at Round Top, TX for Market Days....exhausting fun treasure hunting.

http://ilketomakethings.blogspot.com

Stella
4-2-11, 7:03pm
Well we didn't get to go home today, but Travis and I had lots of nice snuggle time, so it was still a really nice day. He's so soft and sweet. I am grateful for his fuzzy little head and his lovely soft skin and the funny little squeeky-toy noise he makes.

I'm grateful to the nurses who watched him in the nursery while I went to the hospital coffee shop with my friend and are going to watch him again while Zach, the other kids and I go to the cafeteria this evening for an ice cream.

I'm grateful to my friend who brought us a gigantic package of diapers as a baby gift, and to Zach, who is just an amazing husband and father. There is nothing more attractive than the sight of my strong, handsome husband gently cradling his tiny, helpless baby.

Yppej
4-2-11, 7:34pm
I will chime in too with my thanks for the thread, and I think we should do one every month! Today I'm thankful it's the weekend, for weather that is warmer but still cool enough I could enjoy the fireplace, a friend who cheered me up today when I was down, lots of good books to read, that I am able to support my family, that my teen is more mellow with me lately, and that my parents are doing great in their seventies and in fact every time I try to help them they turn around and help me.

fidgiegirl
4-2-11, 8:39pm
We get so tied up in the economic stress that it is easy to forget the simple pleasures of spending time in a pleasant activity with a friend or family member, or the things we enjoy doing alone and are restorative for us. Just stopping to think about what we are grateful for is a restorative activity itself!
Let's come back to post and read often. It is good for us, and less painful for us than many other activities!

I couldn't agree more!

A lovely day spent with my sister and family. And excited that our new wood blinds are up in the living room and bedroom and soon in the kitchen!

Fawn
4-2-11, 10:30pm
~ that I got an unexpected visit w/ a dear friend, in the middle of a stressful workday.
~ that I am an hourly employee, not salaried as I enter yet another 60+ hour workweek.
~ that I have the most amazing kids in the world (sorry Stella, but it's me)
~ that I had an evening off from all my responsibilities and went to a movie w/ a friend and learned again what fun "normal" people have during their time off......
~ that the A-hole patient has managed to behave himself for 2 weeks, so he doesn't get discharged, because he needs us, even if he doesn't know it yet.:~):moon:

domestic goddess
4-3-11, 1:30am
Oh, Fawn, I didn't know you had a troublesome patient! I'm glad he is behaving himself. I bet he knows he needs you, even if he won't admit it, even if he hides that thought deeeeeeep down. I hope you have a good week. I've had occasion to be glad for the hourly employee thing, too.

Stella
4-3-11, 4:20am
~ that I have the most amazing kids in the world (sorry Stella, but it's me)

:) I'm grateful to read this. I love hearing other people talk about how much they love their kids and families. Its kind of uncommon. Just as with anything else, people seem more likely to air their frustrations about their families than to talk about the good things. It's refreshing and inspiring to me to hear the good stuff.

Yppej
4-3-11, 3:50pm
A glorious day - got a little yard work done - and lots of other downtime. Still windy so I won't rake yet but I feel a sense of accomplishment for every bit I tackle. Found canisters of the size I want after looking for a long time.

rosarugosa
4-3-11, 8:05pm
This is an excellent thread. I have so much to be grateful for, I could go on & on. Right now, I'm feeling especially grateful for a dear girlfriend from work. We've worked together now in different areas of the same company for 27 years. I had a really trying week, and she was such a sympathetic friend to me. Last night, she and her DH came to our place, and my DH made us homemade pizzas and we had wine and listened to music, and had a really great visit. It's such a bonus that our husbands get along so well too. We've never socialized much outside of work (i'm honestly not much of a socializer) but we should clearly do this more often.
Spring is my favorite season and I'm so happy to see all my early bulbs in bloom, and all the green shoots of old friends returning after the long winter.
Yppey, Glad you found your canisters - I know that was a Quest for you. It's so satisfying to find the right thing when you've been looking for a while!

Stella
4-4-11, 10:30am
rosa that sounds like a fun get-together with your friend!

I am grateful that today is going well so far. It's my first day home alone with all four kids and it's really earlier than I should be attempting this, but Zach has missed enough school and dad needed to be at work today so I thought I'd see if I could handle it. Zach will come home immediately if I need him to. So far so good, though. Travis ate before I went to bed at 11:30, again at 2:30 and then slept until I woke up at 6AM, so I slept pretty well overall. James was a little cranky and tired, but he's taking a morning nap today, so that's good. I've had some snuggle time with each of the kids and the girls and I read some books. I'm grateful that they are cheerfully doing their chores and grateful that they when they are done they want to go outside and splash in puddles while their brothers nap. It's a nice quiet day, which was not quite what I expected for my first day with the kids. I was thinking it would be louder than this at the very least. :)

JaneV2.0
4-4-11, 12:04pm
I'm happy that it continues to rain, so that I don't feel guilty for avoiding yard work. People nearby in flood-prone areas are suffering though, so I can feel guilty for being happy about the weather instead.

I'm thankful I'm not trying to find a job. And that I don't have to work any more.

razz
4-4-11, 12:47pm
We got a lot of rain last night but it is draining away. The dog and I were able to enjoy our walk with no rain though. DH and I are relaxing after a light lunch and then I will go out a prune some more fruit trees as the sun has come out and it is so lovely and warm.

dado potato
4-4-11, 4:34pm
I put out nest-building materials -- mainly cuttings from supple willow branches. And the wee birdies are picking them up and flying away with them.

fidgiegirl
4-4-11, 9:57pm
We have a colleague who has lymphoma but is back to work half days. We had conferences tonight so we were chatting and she shared just how happy she is to be able to be there. On a day when we typically bemoan having to be there at work, it puts it into perspective. So I'm thankful that I was healthy enough to be at my job today.

iris lily
4-4-11, 10:07pm
I am thankful that there are so many fabulously wonderful daffodil varieties. At the daffodil show I was, as I always am, blown away by how pretty and varied they are. They are so bright and cheerful. I'm in love with the tiny varieties, 3" - 6" little fairy flowers they are.

Yppej
4-5-11, 5:22am
Had good long conversations with both my brothers. Work kept me busy all day yesterday so I didn't have to sit in utter boredom watching the clock.

Stella
4-5-11, 9:19am
I am grateful that Zach has tomorrow off! I'm thinking we can take the kids somewhere fun in the morning and straighten up the house a bit in the afternoon. And nap. Definitely nap. :)

Yppej
4-6-11, 5:40am
In a nice boost to my ego, someone younger than me asked did I want to go out with him sometime. Usually it is men who look old enough to be my father who give me the double take.

Fawn
4-6-11, 6:51am
In a nice boost to my ego, someone younger than me asked did I want to go out with him sometime. Usually it is men who look old enough to be my father who give me the double take.

So, are you going?

Fawn
4-6-11, 6:59am
~ DS#3's music teacher says he is doing really well. AND he said it in front of DS#2, who thinks DS#3 can't do anything right. Double boost to DS#3's spirits.
~ the kitchen cabinets have arrived (next stage of the kitchen remodel)
~ a dear friend is coming over tonight with a bottle of champagne. We are celebrating something, though she hasn't told me what yet.

Fawn
4-6-11, 7:02am
:) I'm grateful to read this. I love hearing other people talk about how much they love their kids and families. Its kind of uncommon. Just as with anything else, people seem more likely to air their frustrations about their families than to talk about the good things. It's refreshing and inspiring to me to hear the good stuff.

One of the many, many gifts that hospice patients have given to me....is to appreciate our loved ones and all their quirks. We have no idea how much time we get together. Why waste it whining?

babr
4-6-11, 7:57am
Jane I was just going to mention rain; i am so happy for it; it will bring a glorious spring and much needed water for our enviournment; typping with my eyes closed so bear with me

thankdful for our therapeutic riding program we have here; i am taking a class on natural horsemanship where instead of treating the horse as just an object to kick and yank about to do our bidding; you learn what the world is like for he horse; andd how to relate to it in this way partnering it with it instead of just jumping on and riding; i love animals but can't have them in my home due to allergies and can't volunteer at the shelters as it would break my heart to see the animals so stressed; so this worked out perfectly for me; they have a great group of people, many who volunteer; as they work with such a wide range of people

thankful for my legs; i have m.s. which is progessing but so far it has left my legs alone so that i may walk for exerise and i love to be outside doing physical activity

Kat
4-6-11, 9:10am
I am grateful the baby's tests for spinal bifada and Down's Symdrome came back negative. And that I've only gained 13 pounds so far LOL
I'm also thankful that DH took me out on a date last night. He has been working 14 hours a day, 6 days a week. I have been feeling kind of lonely with him gone so much, and it really meant a lot to me when he set aside some time just for us. He could have just as easily gone to bed!

domestic goddess
4-6-11, 11:57am
Kat, it is a great to get those tests back with the right results, isn't it? I worked for 9 years in pediatric neurosurgery, and much of what we did was caring for babies with spina bifida and their families. Since we know at least some of what causes it, it seems like it shouldn't happen anymore, but it does. DD has a good friend who has a 4 year old with spina bifida. She is such a darling little girl, and her family is very remarkable. Even the teenagers love to take care of her!
Congratulations on your negative test results!

domestic goddess
4-6-11, 12:01pm
The mother of my patient last night said something very nice to me this morning, and it really lifted my spirits. I was getting her 8 year old dd dressed for school this morning, and she said "I am really spoiled having you here in the morning." They just got back from vacation, and had no nurse during that time, and she said the mornings were so busy, she did not look forward to them. It is nice to hear from a family that what you do makes a difference to them, because you don't often hear that!

treehugger
4-6-11, 12:03pm
I just got an email from my stepmother that she and my dad decided to forgive a $500 debt we owed them (but couldn't repay yet) from December. Wow, I am overcome. That was a serious weight on my shoulders that I was too embarrassed to even talk to them about.

Kara

Yppej
4-6-11, 6:34pm
Fawn, he never got beyond a general question. If he contacts me again I will.

Got a message to call about a job I figured I was out of the running for. I don't know if it's a courtesy no or will lead to a second interview, but hearing is nice given the current trend of many overwhelmed HR departments to just leave applicants hanging forever.

fidgiegirl
4-6-11, 7:21pm
Went for a run tonight. After watching Biggest Loser (and feeling like a big loser myself as a result, in a different sense) I am happy that though I have a few extra pounds, my ideal weight is much more in reach than for them and I can make the decision to work out. I have been in kind of a funk about this lately since my many efforts haven't really resulted in any lasting results. But I am still glad I can go out and that I want to go out.

Stella
4-7-11, 1:26pm
My friend/neighbor stopped over today to see baby Travis and brought fresh baked peanut butter cookies. James went down for a nap, Travis went down for a nap and the girls went outside to play. I got a chance to have some grown up conversation and afterwards, a little alone time sitting in my favourite chair with an iced coffee and a homemade peanut butter cookie. Loveliness! I am grateful for the cookies, grateful for the complany and grateful for some peace and quiet in a house with four small children and three adults!

Yppej
4-7-11, 7:32pm
Heard I am out of the running on the job, but what a nice company - didn't want to just send me a letter but tell me personally and express the reason why (someone else had more experience in the field) and say they enjoyed meeting with me. You better believe if I ever get the chance to recommend their services to my company or another one that I will. In the meantime, was told that while one internal job in the department that I wanted to transfer to has been filled, there is another - which I think will be higher level - that I am under consideration for that will be opening up soon. I am so ready for a change, so this was encouraging. The owner himself called me into the office of the other manager to tell me and be sure I was in the loop.

fidgiegirl
4-8-11, 11:43pm
So thankful for my health today. Also thankful to have the means to travel. I am in DC visiting a friend but took the afternoon to drive up to see my Grammy in PA. She is doing well but her whole life is consumed with just staying alive. Also thankful for an outstanding boss. My travel partner is suffering a lot with a difficult boss right now and she is unhappy. I am very lucky.

domestic goddess
4-10-11, 11:05am
I am grateful for the beautiful morning we are having. It is just lovely out. Isn't going to last, of course, but I intend to enjoy it while it is here. Both dgds are gone; they spent the night with their cousins. I am grateful that they have cousins near enough to be with. That is something I never had.
I need to get off my lazy posterior and go to church today, but I am tired still, and not ready. Will have to do a few chores today, something I try not to do on Sunday, but I trust God understands that I'm not perfect (I think I've given Him ample evidence!), and sometimes end up in a bit of a mess. The fact that I'm not in His house today doesn't mean I don't think of Him!

babr
4-11-11, 9:42am
grateful for dh who pushed me in my wheelchair around our university and community; went grocery shopping with me on sat. and then went by himself saying i didn't need to go since it was a short trip; plus worked on insulated curtains with me since i am terrible at measuring and making these kind of things; we aren't sewing just using the adhesive stuff; but can't wait they are such a pretty color blue; like the ocean water off of the gulf.

Stella
4-11-11, 11:06am
I'm grateful for the sunshine this morning.

I'm grateful that all four of my children have been well behaved and fun today. Well.... at least fun. :)

redfox
4-11-11, 11:11am
Our teen, Eric, who moved out last fall, came to dinner last night. (I can always tempt him with food!) We had a lovely evening with him... he noticed and complimented us on all the work we've done in the garden, took a walk with me, was talkative about his life over the fabulous dinner my husband made (ribs! yumm), and when I mentioned that it would be nice to see him regularly, like every month or two, he immediately said "every month would be good!". I gave him room to opt out when I made the suggestion, and that he jumped at monthly feels really good. Even if it is just for the luxurious meals!

Yppej
4-15-11, 7:31pm
It's the weekend - and should be the second one in a row that's it warm enough to work and walk outdoors. Got to see some friends last night. Heard some good news on progress in a civil case I'm involved with.

fidgiegirl
4-15-11, 7:39pm
Excited for a surprise mini baby shower tomorrow. Grateful to have friends to share such time with. They are very important to me!!

fidgiegirl
4-16-11, 5:21pm
So, so, so thankful for my friends! We are going to start a little mini think-tank because three of the four of us are really interested in starting a business or multiple profit centers a la Barbara Winter (we read Making a Living Without a Job for our book club, thanks to puglogic's suggestion).

We are going to dabble in a profit center together by having a Halloween Bazaar this fall. We will each make some items to contribute to the bazaar and see how it goes. We might have some pumpkins for sale, too, and maybe a fire with marshmallow roasting and some hot cider. It will give us a chance to explore aspects of business like do we need a tax ID number and those kinds of legal arrangements but also just the marketing and the whole process. We are going to start small by using our yard and doing one Saturday. We shall see! It's a ways off, but then again, not really - six months. Not really that long to think up and make some things. Well! This got kind of off-topic for gratitude. But I am so excited I just had to get it out!

Tenngal
4-16-11, 8:48pm
I spent Friday night and all day today with my beautiful 21 month old grandson. He is a joy. I'm worn out, but happy.

domestic goddess
4-16-11, 11:21pm
I've been disgruntled much of the day because of the weather and this wretched cold, so it is past time for me to be thinking about what I am grateful for!

I am grateful that I only have a cold, and that I live in a country where it need not get worse than that. I don't currently need medical care for it, but I know it is available if I should.
I am grateful for my beautiful granddaughters, even when they make it difficult! It reminds me that I am not always the easiest person to get along with, and I should cut them some slack.
I am grateful for magazines with some truly amazing ideas in them. I love magazines. It's a sickness, I know, but there it is. Picked up several of my faves for inspiration yesterday, and just sat and looked at them when I didn't really feel like doing anything else. Now I have a head full of plans. Most may not ever amount to anything, but one or two may actually see the light of day.
I am grateful to have finally gotten paid! I was out sick for a week, didn't take paid time off because I was saving it for my vacation the next week. Then I was still sick and didn't go home as I had planned, and somehow my request to be paid for that vacation time got lost, so I decided to save it until I go next month. The old wallet was looking a little thin! But life is better now.
I am grateful that my dd took the aforementioned dgd's to see the new Wimpy Kid movie tonight. I got a bit of time alone, and they should be pretty happy and ready for bed when they get home. You can really tell that it has rained too much and they are really tired of being confined.

Fawn
4-18-11, 9:29pm
Oh, there is sooo much to be grateful for. Mom is not yet needing me to be her health care power of attorney (at age 79+) is capable of her own decisions. Had my own yearly MD check up and have orders for blood work and mamogram and ALL is paid for by health insurance. Beloved children are healthy, doing well in school and full of themselves (annoying, but still grateful for their developmental appropriateness.)

Have a job that I love (most days) and will be there as long as I want to work...all those Baby Boomers are entering the "hospice age...."

I live in a country where women are respected and given civil rights....OK, it's not perfect, but much better than in most of the world.

I have two co-workers and a sibling dealing w/ possibly deadly illnesses. If you live long enough, all your loved ones die off.

Here is to living fully and richly, no matter what comes..... (she raises her glass)

fidgiegirl
4-18-11, 10:11pm
Financial freedom, a partner who is on the same page as me, dreams and hopes and optimism and

SPRING!

citrine
4-19-11, 10:47am
I am grateful for my boyfriend Matt and the amazing relationship we have.
I am grateful for having so many clients and my relationships with them.
I am grateful for the two kitties who amuse me every day!
Going to Las Vegas with my mother at the end of the week :)
Having no debt and being able to pay cash :)

DarkStar
4-19-11, 4:17pm
I'm grateful for a having really understanding faculty member who's helping me deal with a difficult situation with another student. I feel like a load of stress has just been lifted off my shoulders today.

Gardenarian
4-20-11, 6:24pm
There is a little drizzle today and the air coming in clean off the Pacific. I got my tomatos in the garden and all the herbs, and all the roses are covered in buds. DD has been bouncing around doing happy dances and singing all week; I'm so incredibly thankful for her. I am so thankful to the community college I work at for giving all these students a chance to learn and grow - and for giving me the opportunity to help.

fidgiegirl
4-21-11, 8:19am
Thankful a good night's sleep helped to pull me out of yesterday's funk. It was a mighty powerful one and it reminded me of times I teetered on the edges of a depression. Even exercise didn't do much for me yesterday, but I feel much better this morning.

Also glad for a day off tomorrow. Somehow this week got really packed in the evenings and I just want to take a nap and relax tomorrow. I have an appointment early but if I'm on my game I can go for a run after that.

Stella
4-21-11, 9:24am
(((Kelli))) Maybe it was the snow. I was in a funk yesterday too.

I am grateful that the snow is gone! I am grateful for the rays of sunshine beaming in my patio window as I type this. I am grateful for coffee. :)

Maxamillion
4-21-11, 10:33pm
Some of my garden seeds have finally sprouted! I was about to give up hope.

Rosemary
4-22-11, 7:47am
Fidgie and Stella, that funk was state-wide, I think! My DH was commenting on the mood of people at work recently. I think it has to do with the broken promise of spring after a winter that began in early November.

I am grateful for good friends, hardy daffodils, and that I have finally found a doctor who is interested in helping me solve the reflux problem I've been having for more than 2 years.

fidgiegirl
4-22-11, 8:03am
Ooh, Rosemary, the doctor thing is golden. Congrats.

Stella
4-26-11, 11:33am
Rosemary I think you hit the nail on the head about the funk. Even this rain isn't affecting me as badly as the snow did. I expect rain in spring.

I am feeling an absolute flood of gratitude. It's been an AMAZING time this last week. I'm grateful to my dad, his friend Jeannie and my friend R for watching the kids so much over the last week.

I'm grateful to T's Godfather's mom for hosting a fantastic Easter brunch celebration in honour of our confirmations and T's baptism.

I'm grateful to my mom for paying my student loan this month because money was unexpectedly tight.

I'm grateful to my friend S who is bringing us a lasagne this week as a baby gift. I love all the meals people have brought me! Such a huge help with a new baby! Also to my friend, the Other Stephanie, who is giving me the formula her DD doesn't need anymore now that she's a year old.

I'm grateful to my friends A, K and P, who have been an amazing source of support over the last year.

I'm grateful to my friend's M, M and J who have been a great source of fun and support and books to borrow!

I'm grateful to Sister C at my church for so many things I can't even say them all. I'm grateful to my grandma for giving me the money for the double stroller I want! And just for being my grandma.

I'm grateful for facebook, which has let me mourn my uncle in community with my far-flung cousins even though I couldn't make it to the funeral. Seeing all of the pictures of him and us back in the day and sharing comments and messages has been helpful in the mourning process.

Finally I am grateful to God for....well, everything. Most especially at the moment for my astonishingly fast recovery from childbirth, my lovely healthy baby boy, my incredibly good spirits, my painless delivery and my lack of anxiety in a month that included a birth, a death, two confirmations, a baptism, a birthday party and Easter. Looking back, that was an action packed three and a half weeks. That could have been massively overwhelming, but it mostly wasn't.