PDA

View Full Version : i thought i lived in a flipping desert state!

Zoe Girl
5-8-15, 11:55am
this is the 2nd weekend with total pouring rain. Not the normal afternoon 30 minute storm that everyone in the mountains expects but actual Seattle type pouring ran for the 2nd weekend in a row! this is colorado, we are supposed to be on water restrictions and fire danger watches.

i did get one load moved to the new place before it started but it is just dumping. i started packing in suitcases and the giant ziploc bags and unloading, camping gear got moved since that is fine to get wet. And the forecast said so but i was hopeful that i had a couple hours. the weekend should be a little better, and my son has prom so i don't want plan on mega moving. He will take our car that night and i am checking out a book from the library and making popcorn.

it is a good afghan snuggle day, i think i moved the afghan (that is actually funny) :|(

pinkytoe
5-8-15, 11:58am
Same thing deep in the heart of Texas here. After years of drought, it is welcome but here comes more this weekend.

JaneV2.0
5-8-15, 12:05pm
I'd love some rain. We have blinding sun here in the Seattle area.

pinkytoe
5-8-15, 4:09pm
Perhaps we flip-flopped the weather. Only in low 80s here and normally 90s with AC on by now. Cold front coming next week - how bizarre.

AustinKat
5-8-15, 7:52pm
I'm in Texas too--rain forecast every single day for the next week. Our yard will be a jungle before it dries out enough to mow. Very odd weather, much cooler than normal.

Zoe Girl
5-8-15, 8:22pm
Sunny in Seattle, wow. that is odd. i finally figured out when i visited why the road lines were bumps instead of flat paint, you can't see anything flat paint.

our grass is 3 feet high now, i am not sure what i will get charged to mow it before we move. we weed whack when we can between monsoons. i have made 2 trips between storms, it was such an extreme downpour that traffic stopped at one point, 20 minutes later it was clearing and staring to dry

our annual tradition of the last snow on mothers day is very likely, early in the morning

ToomuchStuff
5-9-15, 11:10am
There is a reason they say plan for a rainy day.:~)

RosieTR
5-12-15, 8:41pm
I hear you Zoe! grass went from mowed to knee high in 1.5 weeks. Ugh, moving in the rain 😣. But yeah, at least we won't have to worry about fire for a few weeks at least!

messengerhot
5-15-15, 10:11am
I hear you Zoe! grass went from mowed to knee high in 1.5 weeks. Ugh, moving in the rain . But yeah, at least we won't have to worry about fire for a few weeks at least!

I feel you two, don't like moving in the rain either. But in everything that happens, there's always something good like not worrying about fires,