PDA

View Full Version : Sign of the Times

kally
3-31-11, 12:21pm
Went for sushi yesterday in Vancouver and there was a sign on the door.

"None of the fish used in our sushi comes from Japan."

Oh poor Japan, things are so black for them right now.

Have you seen these signs?

Heidi
3-31-11, 12:59pm
Yes, poor Japan. The last three weeks were truly weeks from hell and no end in sight yet. And yet the population copes with such grace and strength of spirit. They are a source of inspiration to me.

Mrs-M
3-31-11, 1:15pm
We're located in the interior so no signs yet in our area (that I know of or have heard of), but I don't hold a lot of faith in or trust in the word of those tied to the food industry. (Whatever it takes to appease and calm the public's concerns is good for business).

redfox
3-31-11, 2:01pm
Dairy cows in Eastern Washington have radiation showing up in their milk. But they are "Safe level". Umm hmmm.

bae
3-31-11, 3:18pm
Dairy cows in Eastern Washington have radiation showing up in their milk. But they are "Safe level". Umm hmmm.

I'm more than willing to believe the levels they are reporting. I'm not seeing anything significantly above background levels here.

Dhiana
3-31-11, 4:00pm
Japan has long since fished out their own nearby ocean areas. A huge majority of the fish/seafood served in Japan is imported from great distances. They are the ones who perfected some freezing technologies so that Tuna caught off the coast of Spain could be frozen immediately, shipped/flown? to Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo in less than two days and then thawed to still taste as if was fresh caught off the coast of Japan.

So I wouldn't be worried about radiation being in much sushi. All the other nasty chemicals dumped into the ocean would be a much greater problem.