PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

mattj
4-5-11, 9:05am
My life has become far more predictable and orderly that it ever has before. I'm starting to have the most fantastic dreams... so much so that I often prefer sleeping and dreaming over being awake. I'm going with it for now but it just seems so odd.

Zoe Girl
4-5-11, 10:33am
Ahhh, I have had that a LOT. I have always had very vivid dreams and often they are so real I get confused during the day by remembering something that happened and having to think about if it was a dream or a real event. I had one the other night when I didn;t have to get up early and it was fabulous so I just stayed in bed longer.

I have noticed when I am meditating or doing well with mindfullness they come a lot more often and more vivid. It has been uncomfortable at times and made me cut back on the meditating. I am used to it now and I finally read a Buddhist book that mentioned this happening. At least it doesn't mean I am doing it wrong, lol.

Enjoy,

nithig
4-5-11, 5:29pm
I often prefer sleeping and dreaming over being awake.

This is the condition of most of humanity.
People don't want to wake up ... they want to stay in the dream which in the East is called Maya, the Grand Illusion.

Greg44
4-5-11, 8:11pm
I recently saw a bit on TV about dreams and remembering them. They said when you awake in the a.m. to just lie in bed before you do anything else and your dreams will come to you. Since I have started doing this I can remember most all my dreams every morning.

I didn't think I had so many dreams! They also said to keep a dream journal, which I haven't done, but just being able to lie back and remember them is fun. Lots of crazy dreams!

Sad Eyed Lady
4-5-11, 9:31pm
I dream a lot. I know I dream every night and have several dreams, but I cannot remember them. This is so frustrating! It is as if I can barely glimpse them behind a curtain or something, but just can't quite make them out. Like Gregg44 said, I can try to recall them when I first wake up but they are already slipping away. I love to dream and want so much to be able to remember, but I just can't. This started several years ago and it makes me feel as if some brain cells have died or something having to do with the ability to recall dreams. I used to be able to remember them in detail, and very rarely I can now, but not often. I have tried keeping a dream journal, have tried telling myself before sleep that I would remember my dreams, but so far nothing has helped.

Zoe Girl
4-6-11, 10:18am
I woke up the other day with a dream that was a complete story and totally remember it. I shared it with someone who is a total movie buff and he thought it made a good story that would make a good movie (I didn;t have the heart to explain the odds of getting through the writing process much less into movie making). I have those sometimes and they stay with me forever, really. So I know that a big part of my life is telling stories and my dreams actually create even more stories to write. Kinda interesting about the separation of dream and reality if the dream is part of creating the reality of my writing.

chord_ata
4-7-11, 4:19pm
I am intrigued when an event during the day triggers a memory of a dream fragment from the night before.

My current wish is to start meditating in my dreams so that I can more calmly accept what is happening in the dream.

mattj
4-7-11, 4:35pm
Lately I've been getting these perpetually nested dreams where I wake up to tell my wife about this weird or disturbing dream I was having only to realize I'm still asleep. I have had this happen where I'm "nested" two or three dream wake-ups deep before I actually wake up.

Spartana
4-8-11, 1:44pm
This is the condition of most of humanity.
People don't want to wake up ... they want to stay in the dream which in the East is called Maya, the Grand Illusion.

I'm just the opposite. I only sleep about 6 hours a night because if I sleep anymore than that, I am in a "dream state" (REM) much more often and longer and have such wildly vivid (and lucid) dreams it's exhausting. Dreaming is great, like a fantastic movie of which I'm a part, but I can't WAIT to get up and have an even more fantastic REAL life!