PDA

View Full Version : How do you pronounce "Fage" yogurt?

CathyA
4-6-11, 7:37pm
Several of you mentioned really liking Fage yogurt. I decided to try it, in spite of it being expensive. It was great! I really like it, and its so free of all those other additives! I usually only eat half of the little container, with honey and walnuts. YUM. Thanks for telling me about it. But how is it pronounced?
Thanks!

loosechickens
4-6-11, 7:45pm
it's pronounced fah-yeh......

CathyA
4-6-11, 8:53pm
Thanks LC! I would have embarrassed myself. :~)

puglogic
4-6-11, 9:02pm
Thanks, LC. I would too.....I call it "Fayge" in my head :P

Tiam
4-6-11, 9:11pm
BTW, I have yet to see this brand. Hereabouts Chiobani seems to be the 'in' brand of Greek.

CathyA
4-6-11, 9:48pm
Chiobani tastes good, but it has soooooo many additives!

In my practicing saying it, I have another question! Is it "Fah-yay" or "Fah-yeah"?

rose
4-7-11, 3:01am
FAGE shows the pronunciation on the carton. I love it too. I'm now buying their plain yogurt in the big tub. In my town I can only find it at Safeway of all places. And at one small grocery with organic food. Not even at our local coop which surprises me.

CathyA
4-7-11, 8:05am
You're right rose......I pulled the empty carton out of the recycling bin and sure enough.......it says it right on there. I guess I was too busy eating the stuff to notice! haha
But......there are different ways of pronouncing "yeh". Do you think its like "yay" as opposed to other possibilities?
So far, I can only find it at a certain Marsh store. Online it says that Kroger and Target carry it, but I haven't found it there as yet.

loosechickens
4-7-11, 12:29pm
yeh is like "Oh, yeah", not like "Yay team".......

CathyA
4-7-11, 1:06pm
LOL!! Thanks LC......that's exactly what I needed to know.
I did find it at Target this morning. (That's prounounced "Tar-Zhay"):laff:

loosechickens
4-7-11, 6:18pm
"I did find it at Target this morning. (That's prounounced "Tar-Zhay")" (CathyA)
------------------------------------------------------------

ya know, I'm chuckling, because for the LONGEST time, I would hear people say they shopped at "Tar-Zhay", and I NEVER made the connection that they were talking about Tar-Get. DUUHHHHH............. I thought it was some kind of special store that I'd never seen in our travels, hahahahaha......