PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know an Uber or Lyft driver?

KayLR
10-22-15, 12:05pm
I'm curious how it works out for them. They are controversial here, because they're new and unconventional, so local authorities and taxi services are trying to figure out if drivers are employees or contractors (the last article I read, Uber was claiming THEY work for the drivers, not the other way around) and how to get taxes out of whomever they can.

BTW, there might be other services besides those two, I don't know, so don't limit discussion to just those Uber & Lyft.

iris lilies
10-22-15, 12:33pm
Uber service is causing a lot of controversy here, too. Who is regulating them, what regs are needed, how tax, etc. is all up for grabs.

kib
10-22-15, 1:25pm
I have mixed sympathies, on one hand I like the concept of regular people taking back services, whether it's providing eggs, taxi rides, art and craft or spare bedrooms, and on the other, I understand why there are at least some rules here - society as a whole has not broken down, so it's not really appropriate that some people get to operate under different (no) oversight or taxation, while others don't. I don't personally know any uber or lyft drivers.