View Full Version : Clarity in Life

11-3-15, 1:05pm
I have always tried to focus on the bigger picture in life and not get caught up too much in trivial things. Believe me, I have had my moments. After all I have been through, especially over the past 2 years, life is a little clearer now. I am able to really focus on what is important to me and let go of the rest.

For instance, I was thinking about friendships again. One gal, who I worked with and who cried on my shoulder the day she resigned from her job, well, she was affected by the recent flooding in Texas. I haven't really talked with her but I have seen her around town. So I shot her a text to see if she was alright and if she needed help cleaning up. Her response was less than gracious. So instead of letting it eat me up and trying to figure out why, I said blessings, deleted her off my phone and moved on with my life. Life it too short.

I have really poured my energy into my family and fur family, my health and well being, school, helping animals and preparing for Christmas, which is my favorite time of the year, for the traditions, the FOOD and the decorations. :) I am noticing I am a lot happier and life is sweeter.

It's been so much easier to just make decisions and go with it. I feel like I am no longer trapped or have to make a list or excuses for why or why not of things...should I keep this just in case? It cost $$$? Will she be angry if I don't keep up with our friendship??? etc...

Ahhh..peace and clarity how I love thee!!!!

11-3-15, 1:09pm
Sounds like you've found a happier place!

I could use a little clarity myself.

11-3-15, 1:22pm
Smart thinking!

11-3-15, 1:38pm
Yep, good for you. I'm a big believer in just doing what you want most of the time.

Though right now I could also use some clarity and am not sure what I want to be doing. But I'm working on figuring it out.

11-3-15, 4:10pm
I shut down my Facebook account a year ago. It was the place where my whole world of prior acquaintances was connected with me, whether it was for good, for bad, or for ugly reasons. For me, Twitter and Instagram and intentional places with a purpose (ex: simple living forums!) were the places that felt more deliberate and personal.

95% of the time I'm happier since losing FB. The other 5% I miss it a little.

11-3-15, 4:16pm
95% of the time I'm happier since losing FB. The other 5% I miss it a little.

I kicked in July of 2014 and I have been clean ever since. So much happier without Facebook! But once in a while I do miss it.