PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

rodeosweetheart
11-26-15, 7:50am
Just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving, whatever you are doing and wherever you are.
I am very thankful to have this forum to come to, a safe and supportive place to discuss everything under the sun. I have gleaned so much good information here, and enjoyed being a part of this vital cyber community.
Thanks, Everybody!

ctg492
11-26-15, 9:28am
Thankful everyday! Too all

catherine
11-26-15, 9:47am
Happy thanksgiving!

Mary B.
11-26-15, 10:08am
Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate this day. I agree with rodeosweetheart -- these forums are something to be thankful for. So -- thank you all! And have a wonderful holiday.

Teacher Terry
11-26-15, 11:32am
I love these forums because of the awesome people!!

ToomuchStuff
11-26-15, 11:39am
Happy Thanksgiving for those in the US (pretty sure Canada already had theirs);

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1451&d=1417189304http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1451&d=1417189304http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1451&d=1417189304

kib
11-26-15, 6:16pm
Lol. And I'm thankful that someone posts something here that makes me giggle nearly every day. :~) Happy Thanksgiving!

Ultralight
11-26-15, 6:46pm
Happy Thanksgiving!

I know it is late, but why not? Maybe everyone is already asleep or in a food coma. haha

I am about there myself. I got some Indian take-out and it was glorious. The weather in Columbus, OH was amazing today. I even went fishing with my dog. :)

Be careful out there tomorrow, the whole nation may be a madhouse!

catherine
11-26-15, 7:26pm
Happy Thanksgiving!

I know it is late, but why not? Maybe everyone is already asleep or in a food coma. haha

Be careful out there tomorrow, the whole nation may be a madhouse!

Food coma.. that's me right now..

Had a lovely time with my DDIL's family. It was the first time in 37 years that we didn't have Thanksgiving at my house with all the kids, so that was weird for sure, but a wonderful way to break the tradition. No crazy stress over shopping and cleaning. We came back into the quiet house with no mess. I could get used to this!

This afternoon on the way there we saw people lined up with chairs and blankets waiting for Best Buy to open, and on the way back we passed WalMart and the parking lot was absolutely full.

Ultralight
11-26-15, 7:30pm
No crazy stress over shopping and cleaning. We came back into the quiet house with no mess. I could get used to this!

Heck yeah!

Ultralight
11-26-15, 7:30pm
This afternoon on the way there we saw people lined up with chairs and blankets waiting for Best Buy to open, and on the way back we passed WalMart and the parking lot was absolutely full.

A joke by chance?

catherine
11-26-15, 7:31pm
A joke by chance?

No joke.

Ultralight
11-26-15, 7:42pm
No joke.

Well... I hope whatever they get is really worth it!

I wonder why though. What is going through their heads? I ask not sarcastically, but seriously.

ToomuchStuff
11-26-15, 8:01pm
Well... I hope whatever they get is really worth it!

I wonder why though. What is going through their heads? I ask not sarcastically, but seriously.

Some people enjoy the chase, some people enjoy other painful activities. What business is it of yours or mine, what they enjoy or spend their money on?

Ultralight
11-26-15, 8:06pm
Some people enjoy the chase, some people enjoy other painful activities. What business is it of yours or mine, what they enjoy or spend their money on?

Well, does intellectual curiosity count as a "business" of mine? ;)

Asking "why" is not always a prelude to condemnation.

rosarugosa
11-26-15, 8:11pm
Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends on the Forum. I am really thankful to be a part of this community.
I raked leaves in blissful solitude while DH was at work today. The weather was so amazing, warm & sunny! Then we went out for a great seafood dinner when he got home from work, with pumpkin cognac cheesecake and Vieux Carres for dessert. I can't even imagine how shopping would fit into my idea of Thanksgiving, but apparently it works for many. One of my employees (a very cool young female) said going to the outlet mall on Thanksgiving night was a fun thing she did with her sister for a couple of years. Said they were in their pajamas and drank cocoa and shopped, and it was really fun at the time, but not something she wants to continue. So there is that perspective, UA. Sounds like it was a cross between a sleepover and a girls' night out shopping; it clearly had a big social component.

freshstart
11-26-15, 8:26pm
Happy Thanksgiving! Between very ill mom, my dad who just had back and neck surgery and myself, who will fall on my face and stay there if I even tried to pull off a Thanksgiving alone, we un-frugally went out. My brother came from Boston, he's been coming more often as my mom has been worsening and that can only be good. My two teens, neither of whom has been exactly easy since I got sick, in fact, they have been pretty awful, were delightful today. They brought my mom home early and tucked her into bed. I have very few photos of my parents, my mom gets angry if anyone tries. I warned her ahead of time that I just wanted one of her and my dad. I got it, yay, although my poor father is in this metal brace from his chin to his tush so it's an odd photo.

We went to a place that was peaceful, quiet and uncrowded, good food, good conversation, who can ask for anything else?

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

ToomuchStuff
11-26-15, 8:27pm
Well, does intellectual curiosity count as a "business" of mine? ;)

Asking "why" is not always a prelude to condemnation.

If it is genuine curiosity then realize that to get a correct answer, you should be asking those that are doing it, not those of us who would have to guess.:doh:

SteveinMN
11-26-15, 8:29pm
We also drove past a Walmart that had a full parking lot.

We had a fun Thanksgiving with DW's family (or at least those who could get together with us). Even the new grandchild and her mom made an (unscheduled) appearance. We have so much for which we are thankful. I hope all of you had a good Thanksgiving (including the Canadians who celebrated last month)!

I, too, am thankful for this forum. It's a place for me to visit and stay grounded in living simply. Thank you all.

JaneV2.0
11-26-15, 8:53pm
I had a simple meal (it was bound to be simple; I was cooking) of turkey breast, fresh cranberries, and roasted vegetables. Then I went off to take a nap, counting all the things I was thankful for--some of them frivolous (so shoot me) and some not so much. I woke up to a traditional holiday phone call, and now I'm having a cashew milk latte with brandy. I like this forum too.

Williamsmith
11-26-15, 9:09pm
We had a classic Thanksgiving dinner. I made the pie. Watched both football games. The weather outside was unusually warm and that allowed me to get out and see just how far I could walk. Things are improving but I got a long way to go. I am thankful I'm not lying in an emergency room with a narcotic IV to take the pain away. I am Thankful for all that. And yes for a nice place to exchange thoughts and ideas, this forum is appreciated.

Ultralight
11-26-15, 9:55pm
The weather outside was unusually warm and that allowed me to get out and see just how far I could walk.

It was quite nice out! Glad to know you were able to enjoy some of the warm weather.

Cypress
12-4-15, 2:23pm
I am grateful for this forum. I find the thoughts and posts so helpful and friendly. This year, and the last few years, I spent the day on my own. We had good weather and I enjoyed being out in my yard every day, tidying up and preparing for winter. I went to the local forest and gathered dry pine needles to put all around my plantings that like that mulch. It took several trips but that's done. I took walks, wrote my article for a school project, just chilled in my own way.

I came from a highly disfunctional family. I have friends but not close enough to come over for dinner. I guess I could start my own for other singles who love it but maybe want to celebrate someway. I couldn't be happier. It took a while to adjust to this style, but I feel free and without regret that I was on my own. I didn't go shopping or watch TV either.

I am rarely home for 5 days undisturbed. Freedom is good.