PDA

View Full Version : SO you know you are normal

TxZen
12-17-15, 11:51am
Doing some major downsizing around here..and here are pics so y'all know I am normal and that it's ok to be messy until you get where you need to be. : ) This is my kitchen area...I have been like a tornado around here. :)

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1556&stc=1http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1557&stc=1

Zoe Girl
12-18-15, 12:59am
Ok cluttery but not dirty. My house was so bad on Sunday and I had an actual guest. I was so glad for a snow day to catch up.

freshstart
12-18-15, 2:33am
not so bad and nice kitchen! our DR is worse and the kitchen bar stool area countertop, I am ready to put a garbage can at the end and sweep it all in

lessisbest
12-18-15, 8:25am
I had friends who kept as much food as possible in the middle of their kitchen table (boxes of cereal, bread, condiments, etc.) and only had a cleared "race track" going around the perimeter for the family when they eat. They were happy with the arrangements, so more power to them.

I'm a full believer in making a big mess before you can take care of the little mess. Try cleaning out a closet to prove the point. >8) We spent two weekends installing a new closet system (that's what I get for marrying a man with a degree in architecture who has been in the cabinet business for 40-years). Our clothes were in two other rooms for that length of time, along with all the shoes, belts, etc..... All the sudden you see things you really can live without, so that was a good project.

We recently dismantled the largest guest bedroom in order to place approx. 100 plants on rolling baker's racks in the room while our son is between homes. We moved the single day bed to the basement from the smaller guest room, moved the queen-size bed from the larger room to the smaller room. So we made a huge mess in several rooms before everything was settled again.

Gardnr
12-19-15, 7:12am
I couldn't go to bed until it was all in it's right place. Case in point: we bought/moved into this house nearly 25y ago. I got off work at 6. I went to bed at 3am and had only 4 boxes left to unpack. Art on walls, everything in cupboards. done!

If I've decided to get rid of something it goes immediately into my trunk. When the box is full it goes to a goodwill of some sort.

I've never considered myself OCD. I was raised by an "everything in it's place before bed" Mom. Thanks Mom:cool: I still like that about me!

kib
12-19-15, 10:37pm
Well I gotta give you a hand, TxZen, that's basically what our kitchen counter looks like at its very best!

I've started a funky little experiment. I have this plastic "dresser" in my bathroom, it's a tiny thing, maybe 1' wide, 2' high, 18" deep. I took one drawer and put in what I would pack for a trip: a few bras, socks, panties, tights and long sleeved top layers, maybe 3 of each. I've basically been living out of that one drawer plus a thick Irish sweater, a pair of Lugg boots, and a few dress items for when I go out, completely eschewing the rest of my closet / dresser. Loving It !

Float On
12-20-15, 10:35am
Both my kids came home from college so my entire house suddenly went from very organized to looking like luggage exploded.

TxZen
12-21-15, 2:13pm
Y'all are making me laugh and feel good at the same time. I will post after pics shortly..the Christmas stuff exploded and I decided to downsize it while I was at it. Took some finagling but I think I have what I love. :)

TxZen
12-21-15, 2:18pm
I've started a funky little experiment. I have this plastic "dresser" in my bathroom, it's a tiny thing, maybe 1' wide, 2' high, 18" deep. I took one drawer and put in what I would pack for a trip: a few bras, socks, panties, tights and long sleeved top layers, maybe 3 of each. I've basically been living out of that one drawer plus a thick Irish sweater, a pair of Lugg boots, and a few dress items for when I go out, completely eschewing the rest of my closet / dresser. Loving It !

OMG!! I love this idea!! I have been really looking at what I wear also, though I don't have much having to have started over.