PDA

View Full Version : Wah hoo! I found "Priorities!"

Scrubby
4-14-11, 11:20am
I have a terrible time making lists and then losing them or making long grocery lists and leaving them at home, things like that. I am always trying to get more organized...

I found this iPhone app the other day and am in LOVE! http://itunes.apple.com/app/id417600877

So far I put in my grocery list and BOOM when I went grocery shopping, I HAD my list with me. I love the way when I check something off it drops to the bottom of the list. Then when I was all done I could delete the finished tasks. I made different pages for Meat, Dairy, Dry Goods, Canned Goods, Misc. And it was so easy to flip between! And when the store was out, I just didnt check it off and it stays there for the next time I get to the store!

I have added all my bills and their due dates to know when they are due and it reminds me to mail them! More importantly, I put in the Library book due date so I get them back on time! Yippy, no more late fees!

I shared my list of dinner ideas with my husband so when he was at work, he could star or put on the focus list, his choice for dinner! No more... "what do you want for dinner?" phone calls followed by "I don't know, what do we have stuff for?" So far it has been super slick!

Oh! and something I just discovered this morning! I put a phone number and address in the note field, and it hot linked it so when I pushed on the address it popped out and took me to google maps to show me the address! And I could select the phone number and it called it!! No more writing down numbers to call later at a certain time, and losing the numbers!:0!

And on the fluffy side, I could change the appearance to girly flowers and not have it quite so boring.. >8)

My next attempt will be to make a page of stuff to sort, so when I have those 10 minutes to try to clear some clutter out, I don't stand there and go... "hmm, where should I work on, or what do I need to sort?" I can go to my phone and see where I need to work. Or what I need to drop off at the donation center.

Just thought I would share my new tool to help me get more organized! I am loving it!

Have a great day!

Scrubby

razz
4-14-11, 7:24pm
It sounds like great possbilities and uses for the phone. ot sure that I am there as yet as the paper list works fine for me for now.

sumarie
4-14-11, 9:20pm
It's always so great to discover a "tool" that makes things easier -- whether it's all the apps on the iphone or a list & calendar that we carry around with us all the time. Good for you & the discovery of how useful this is for you!