PDA

View Full Version : Asylum Worker Admits: ‘90 Per Cent’ Of Migrants Are ‘Unpleasant’, Liars, And Threaten

Packratona!
2-12-16, 1:04pm
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/20/sex-harassment-death-threats-violence-are-norm-inside-asylum-centres-says-social-worker/

bae
2-12-16, 1:21pm
Is the Simple Living Forum turning into just another Twitter/Facebook feed of clickbait?

Ultralight
2-12-16, 1:30pm
Is the Simple Living Forum turning into just another Twitter/Facebook feed of clickbait?

I would say it is, in part, but not in total.

rodeosweetheart
2-12-16, 2:32pm

Unfortunately, it seems to be, just another feed of clickbait. Maybe that is why interest is dwindling.

Gardenarian
2-12-16, 2:32pm
The use of the word "Admits" in the title of the article is silly editorializing.

As for clickbait - sometimes it's nice when things are passed along, but I would like to know why the OP posted the link and what its relevance is to simple living (for all posted links, not just this one.)

Alan
2-12-16, 2:47pm
On the old version of the forums, there was a rule that links introduced in a thread opener must coincide with the OP's thoughts on the subject or a background description of what it was about. That rule wasn't carried over in the new version.

Personally, I make a rule to never follow links that a poster doesn't care enough about to discuss. No clickbait for me.

rodeosweetheart
2-12-16, 2:55pm
Thank you for the explanation, and apologies as I looked back and I wasn't very clear with an article I posted recently as to why I was posting it--the lady living in the rv, the downside of older folks living in the rv's and traveling for work. I think I am guilty of the clickbait thing and so sorry! Will be more careful next time.

I did look at this article about the refugees, Packratonia, and it sure seems that the social worker has a thankless and difficult task. I do not think I would be up to that.

Rogar
2-13-16, 10:02am
Personally, I make a rule to never follow links that a poster doesn't care enough about to discuss. No clickbait for me.

Pretty much my view. I consider it proper etiquette when posting a link to have a short summary of the link or point out highlights in the link that are significant for discussion. I'd as soon not spend my time starting articles or features of no interest or trolls to rile people up. It's disrespectful to do otherwise.

ctg492
2-13-16, 2:25pm
I don't stop by here much anymore to get Simple/Frugal Living ideas much anymore. It turned into a nice group of posters with usually nice topics. Funny how things evolve. I am guilty of not much simple living posts.

Zoe Girl
2-13-16, 2:35pm
Good thought, I have done it and I am sure others have to hear some voices before offering an opinion. But I don't actually click links without some writing along with it myself.

Packratona!
2-14-16, 8:12pm
Thank you for the explanation, and apologies as I looked back and I wasn't very clear with an article I posted recently as to why I was posting it--the lady living in the rv, the downside of older folks living in the rv's and traveling for work. I think I am guilty of the clickbait thing and so sorry! Will be more careful next time.

I did look at this article about the refugees, Packratonia, and it sure seems that the social worker has a thankless and difficult task. I do not think I would be up to that.

Thanks rodeosweetheart for your comments; and sorry guys you are right; I got swamped lately and lazy/distracted; have been procrastinating, starting projects and then not finishing, which is exactly what I did here.

goldensmom
2-15-16, 10:56am
I don't stop by here much anymore to get Simple/Frugal Living ideas much anymore. It turned into a nice group of posters with usually nice topics. Funny how things evolve. I am guilty of not much simple living posts.

Same here. I rarely check in because of the lack of simple living discussions but just happened by today. Nice people, mostly good topics but not much simple living related posts anymore. I was just noticing many new-to-me names and wondered what happened to all the old posters. To every season there is a time and seasons change.