PDA

View Full Version : I want one of these!

freshstart
3-30-16, 6:32pm
http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Huffy-Women-s-Panama-Jack-Cruiser-Bike/41424921?action=product_interest&action_type=title&item_id=41424921&placement_id=irs-106-t1&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id&category=&client_guid=4632f948-cee5-4525-81c3-747f158c9807&customer_id_enc&config_id=106&parent_item_id=45291637&parent_anchor_item_id=45291637&guid=ed319220-5a1f-4074-85ab-90cfea7f231b&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

doesn't this bike look like so much fun? a childhood throwback, I just love it. However, I'm not even allowed to walk my dogs yet and I lost depth perception so the odds of me riding this bike are very slim.

I love when new things bring back good childhood memories. Actually, these are someone else's memories because I had a third hand boy's bike that does not make me nostalgic, lol

ctg492
3-31-16, 3:52am
i hope you can ride and walk a dog sometime.

The bike may be fun on a flat slow roll bike trail, but keep it away from a hill! I see people on the trail with Townies a lot, but only at the beginning of the trail, not the end. I bought the Detroit bikes www.detroitbikes.com I jumped on them due to the Detroit made and the looks. Three speed is just not quite enough for me. I call them my fair weather bikes.

lmerullo
3-31-16, 8:36am
I have this one, but in blue:http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Kent-La-Jolla-Cruiser-Women-s-Bike-Red-Tan/17206781

I wanted a lightweight women's bike that could still go on a bike rack. This frame has good clearance without one of those crossbar attachments necessary to hang a girls bike.

Hubby bought it for me many years ago and it now looks "broken in". I ride to the gym, grocery shopping, the beach or other errands. Still have to lock it up, but hopefully doesn't attract the wrong sort of attention.

Float On
3-31-16, 10:18am
I'm not a good bike rider....I started out on horses. No need for a bike. Have tried a few times to own a bike (even a beautiful vintage burnt orange pedal pusher) but these hills are for serious bike riders (tight bike pants and shirts, wind channeling helmets, attached water sipping systems , not someone who wants to softly pedal through a park trail while wearing a flowing dress and flowers in her basket and a smile on her face. So I keep a file of bike photos on my pinterest. Have a framed print of the bike I dream about pedaling, grab up stationary cards when I see them with bikes, etc.

ToomuchStuff
3-31-16, 9:37pm
Cruisers were quite popular a few years ago, here, as people were putting a Chinese made engine on them, effectively turning them into an antique motorycycle.
I kept my eyes out for one but never found one. We have too many hills around here for a single speed unfortunately.