PDA

View Full Version : Crustless French Apple Tart w/ Ginger Caramel Syrup

RCWRTR
4-17-11, 9:11pm
I made this quick and easy dessert today and baked it while eating dinner. I made the sauce while preparing coffee to accompany it. I thought I'd share it with y'all.

Enjoy!

Slice 2-3 large apples with peel in 1/4 inch thick slices (discard stem/core/seeds). Arrange 1/3 of the sliced apples in 1 layer across 8" round casserole, dot with butter, sprinkle with grated cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves to taste, a handful of raisins, a handful of chopped pecans and 1/4 cup sugar. Repeat for 2 more layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 mins. Allow to cool and invert on serving plate.

Sauce: Combine half a stick of butter, 1 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp. each grated ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and stir over low heat until it forms a caramel-like sauce, then pour over apple tart before serving.

It's great with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!

razz
4-18-11, 11:38am
Sounds wonderful! What I like is that this recipe could be used for pears and such like and get away from the crust.
Thankyou for sharing this.

RCWRTR
4-18-11, 11:49am
You're welcome, Razz.

libby
4-18-11, 2:02pm
This looks like an excellent dessert for those of us who are gluten free. Thank you!

RCWRTR
4-18-11, 4:13pm
It is completely gluten free, libby. You can adjust the butter and spices to taste, too.