PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin

mybodymyself
4-22-11, 8:02pm
Again, this is from another thread that I did on the same forums that I used belong, but left as well.

What is/are Sarah Palin stance/s on family leave act (maternity, paternity, etc)? The reason why I'm asking this here because she didn't bring up in neither of her books. In my opinion this should be a paid one. It should also nation and worldwide as well.

Is there anyone else on here besides whom are getting beyond tired of her still being in the spotlight? That also goes her putting her husband, kids, rest of her family, and friends being in the spotlight and etc. Even though I'm still like her as a person then a politician.

(note from moderator, LooseChickens)

I've moved this thread from Consumerism and Media, to this location in Public Policy as it seems a much better fit in this forum.

mtnlaurel
4-23-11, 8:19am
Sarah Palin is a celebrity and that is all she is and HOPEFULLY ever will be.

I think she may have been a politician at one time, but didn't she step down from an elected position to do what... be a talking head, well-paid public speaker/author and reality TV star?

LDAHL
4-23-11, 12:31pm
Is there anyone else on here besides whom are getting beyond tired of her still being in the spotlight...

And yet here you are bringing her up again.

bae
4-23-11, 12:46pm
Who cares what her position is on anything? She's just another talking head at this point.

CathyA
4-23-11, 1:31pm
Maybe Trump will pick her as his running mate. :0! :~)

freein05
4-23-11, 1:35pm
I think Palin is becoming old news. Trump is new news for the news cycle now.

Gregg
4-25-11, 9:22am
Sarah Palin is a celebrity and that is all she is and HOPEFULLY ever will be.

I think she may have been a politician at one time, but didn't she step down from an elected position to do what... be a talking head, well-paid public speaker/author and reality TV star?

+1

The Republicans biggest faux pas with Sarah was that they didn't ride her star in a much more aggressive and sustained fashion when she was hot. It wasn't very long ago that she was the hottest fund-raising ticket in town (routinely raising more than a sitting President). The GOP could have capitalized on that and filled up the coffers with Tea Party donations had they made better use of Ms. Palin's celebrity. Now she is fading from the spotlight. Ahhh, the Republican leadership missing a golden opportunity. Surprise, surprise.

iris lily
4-25-11, 10:11am
The Republicans are doing a pretty good job raising money, but more is always useful, I suppose. It was my impression that they DID utilize her star power.

Gregg
4-25-11, 11:35am
SarahPAC was doing a pretty good job of raising money. My thought is that the GOP leadership could have conceded (behind the curtain) that Palin wasn't viable and sent her on a more general fund-raising campaign. They probably have thrown in the towel on her candidacy, but didn't seem to fully capitalize on her as an asset when she was in the headlines daily. Now she is basically irrelevant and pretty much only shows up on FOX. If this is going to be a billion dollar campaign cycle against an incumbent President the GOP better stock pile all the cash they can get.

mybodymyself
4-30-11, 9:19pm
Thanx for all of your interesting replies to my thread on her. Just wish that she would stick to her ideals and especially Alaskas ideals as well. Then what she became over these past few years being in the public eye.