PDA

View Full Version : back to school

Zoe Girl
8-26-16, 10:56am
I have been helping out in various after school programs while my school is still under construction. I have been in different schools, a language immersion and another K-middle school. I have grief every year at this time. 2 years ago I stopped applying for teaching jobs, this year in March I let my teaching license go. I know that how people get teaching jobs can be really random, but it is still hard to see every year that teachers get jobs and I don't get interviews.

I did have one job and the lack of support and really negative environment put me over the edge. I wish I would have had one person who could have told me that behavior gets worse before it gets better, I quit after a spike in bad behavior and feeling like I could not get it handled plus being told from the first month I was getting fired from that school. I had really good experiences as a sub both short and long term. I have worked in 4 districts, had great feedback on my work, but just didn't get chosen. I loved the schools and the back to school feel, setting up a classroom, planning instruction. Part of this is wanting to do the work, and part is just not being chosen for teaching.

I have only cried once so far in this back to school time. :)