PDA

View Full Version : Metal Scraping

19Sandy
9-6-16, 8:36pm
Is there any money in the metal of broken appliances? I wish I could find a metal scraper to buy this stuff so they will haul it away. Maybe I can break it down myself. Don't know where in nowheresville I will take this stuff.

iris lilies
9-6-16, 9:42pm
Is there any money in the metal of broken appliances? I wish I could find a metal scraper to buy this stuff so they will haul it away. Maybe I can break it down myself. Don't know where in nowheresville I will take this stuff.
Yes. last weekend DH hauled an old washer and dryer out into the alley. He bet me they would be gone by noon the next day. He was right.

razz
9-6-16, 10:20pm
Our local volunteer firefighters accept donations of scrap metal of all kinds as a fundraiser to buy new equipment etc., but it has to be delivered. Look in your local paper for ads for scrap metal dealers. We have a number of them and some do pick ups. The $ are minimal though so I was just glad to get rid of some scrap metal for taking it away. It costs $$ to drive out to pick it up so I didn't begrudge the fact I got no money for the metal.

ToomuchStuff
9-7-16, 3:41am
In mass, there is money in them. That is the issue. Scrappers will pick them up, but if your expecting them to pay for them, your in for a surprise. They have to accumulate them, and then either strip them, or take them whole for less money, but a lot less work.