PDA

View Full Version : My new staff started, so happy

Zoe Girl
11-18-16, 9:57pm
My new staff person started today, and I really am feeling good about her. I was running an all day camp and was so minimally staffed that I was not able to leave the program room for many hours. She came in and one kiddo was crying over his slime project, it happens. She jumped right in and sat with him a long time and together we got him to join the group for snack. We talked through her schedule, she asked good questions. I am not running the camp days on Monday and Tuesday, however I am going in on Tuesday to interview an aide and I will work with her on all the training schedules and our plans.

It is great timing, I was so frustrated by today. A lot of things out of all of our control but I still feel like I am dragging people through work! My longest term employee has been struggling with being sick, had her tire blow out on the road, not a great week for her. The staff I borrowed 2 times a week keeps on not being able to do as much as I though I was getting. And of course the guy, he talked to a parent last night and she was so upset that she went home and cried. I told him today to NOT talk to the parents about issues. We had a meeting yesterday about our site goals and he has never written goals before. I guess not everyone does, but I am back 2 steps on training him. So very very glad to have my new person with some energy and focus.

freshstart
11-18-16, 10:09pm
let's hope the newbie rubs off on the guy, he sounds like a total dud