PDA

View Full Version : Across the Universe

kally
4-27-11, 2:39am
If you like the music of the Beatles and want a lovely soundtrack of their songs, this is the movie for you.

A loosely told love story that moves through its paces by using the songs of the Beatles is a fun adventure.

I was prepared to not like this film, and, surprisingly enjoyed it thoroughly.

Wildflower
4-27-11, 4:24am
I have been wanting to see this movie. Thanks for the good review, kally! :) I absolutely LOVE Beatles' music.

Merski
4-27-11, 7:01am
LOVED this movie! It's on netflix streaming if you have netflix. I've watched it several times. The actors really are the singing voices for the songs.

Float On
4-27-11, 7:46am
Its one of our favorites!

kally
4-27-11, 12:52pm
it got mixed reviews so I do hope people watch it.

Simplemind
4-28-11, 2:04am
We rarely buy a DVD but had to have this one. Have watched it several times with company. All the songs and visuals are great.

The Storyteller
4-28-11, 11:07am
Great music aside, I think you had to have experienced the 60s to really get this movie. There are so many cultural references to that period. I think that is where some of the mixed reviews come from. The reviewer just didn't get it.

Loved the puppets, by the way. The director also directed the incredible Lion King on Broadway, which also had some great puppetry.

AustinKat
4-28-11, 1:17pm
I adore this movie. Like Simplemind, it's one of the few DVDs I've actually bought my own copy of. Gorgeous stuff.