PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh... music

mattj
4-28-11, 10:52pm
So, today, after getting our financial **** together for the past year or so I say.... We're taking the kids to Lollalpalooza and get a front on **** storm. Processing....

Zoebird
4-29-11, 12:04am
nice.

i love a good music festival. here in NZ, they are usually family events. People like WOMAD and prana a lot. Prana is over new years. If my family wasn't coming this year, we'd go. I think we'll go next year. :)

treehugger
4-29-11, 12:09pm
Sharing and enjoying live music with my husband, some friends, and a bunch of strangers is such an energizing, exciting, stress-busting experience! I especially love shows and festivals that have a huge variety of fans, all ages, races, etc. The Celtic festivals we go to are like that (we have friends in a band who play those festivals; we get in free by working in their booth, selling merch). But I also really love going to see small bands in clubs, real intimate shows. We completely avoid mega bands in large venues.

We went to the first Lollalpalooza, oh, so many years ago. Jane's Addiction headlined.

Experiencing live music is absolutely the biggest thing I miss about having to cut all "wants" out of our budget. Some day we will be able to go to shows again and I really look forward to that.

Kara

puglogic
4-29-11, 2:01pm
Oooh, it's a great lineup this year too. Way to go, mattj!

loosechickens
4-29-11, 2:49pm
hey, why else get a handle on your expenses and put your financial house in order, if not to then be able to enjoy things like this with a light heart and a clear conscience. Have a great time!