PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in SE MI

Debbie SE MI
5-1-11, 11:40am
Good morning
My name is Debbie I live in Flat Rock, MI with 2 dogs. I read a book about 12+ years ago The Simple Living Guide by Janet Luhrs which I still have, although I never stuck to it I always knew that was how I had wanted my life. I came accross a show series from 2004 on Hulu called Simple Living and it has put me on the path I want to be on. I moved back to MI 2 months ago after living in Northern Arizona for 2 years, with 2 long distance moves I sure decluttered and feel I am at a good starting point.
Anyone else live in my area?
Debbie

freein05
5-1-11, 1:21pm
Welcome from California.

Sad Eyed Lady
5-1-11, 5:08pm
Welcome to the forums - good to have you with us. The Simple Living Guide is a great inspiration and I still have my underlined, highlighted, dog-eared copy also.

Mrs-M
5-1-11, 6:25pm
Welcome from Canada. Hope to see you get involved with this one big happy family.

Tammy
5-1-11, 8:56pm
We moved about 1 1/2 years ago from NW Ohio to Phoenix. Traded places with you, sort of!

welcome. This is a good discussion board for me, friendly people, lots of good ideas that help me with my goal of a happy, simple life. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

porcelain
5-1-11, 10:03pm
Hi Debbie, I'm in SE Michigan too! cow-hi

Our geographic area has serious implications in terms of simple living...a sprawling suburban area with a lack of mass transit between cities (this is the motor city, after all)...climate extremes requiring us to be prepared for temperatures ranging from -20°F to 100°F...good times!! Glad to see someone else from MI here!

Rosemary
5-1-11, 11:09pm
Welcome! I spent 10 years living in Phoenix and Tucson and did lots of hiking in northern AZ. Now I live in Minnesota (and am so happy to have four seasons again!).

Debbie SE MI
5-2-11, 10:03am
Thank you all, I am glad I found this group. Porcelain, where are you located? I'm in Flat Rock, I agree it is not the easiest area to get around unless I drive. Tammy, how are you enjoying Phoenix? Sure gets hot, but could'nt ask for a nicer place to live come winter. Rosemary, I am looking forward to spring weather the trees are sprouting but it has been very rainey and gray. Have to admitt I do miss all the sun shine of AZ, but so very happy to be home in Michigan.
Hope you all have a wonderful day

SiouzQ.
5-2-11, 10:13am
Welcome, Debbie! I'm from SE Michigan too, in Ann Arbor...I am trying for more and more no-drive days and have my bike all out-fitted for grocery shopping and errands but will it EVER stop raining and being gray? Enough already! After I do some general cleaning around here my plan is to ride up to Trader Joe's and Wholefoods for groceries; I'll just have to suck it up weather-wise!

Debbie SE MI
5-2-11, 6:05pm
SiouzQ
Love Trader Joe's, I go to the one in Novi but since it is about a 30 min drive and with the price of gas I don't go very often. Sure wish i was able to ride a bike their, you are in a great location to be able to do that. Another grey day, sure would of loved to see the sun maybe tomorrow.

Tammy
5-2-11, 7:33pm
Tammy, how are you enjoying Phoenix?
Hope you all have a wonderful day

We love it here. Even the summertime isn't bad. my favorite temps are in the mid-90s. It only feels hot to me when it's over 103-104.

and the sunshine is so nice. almost every day is bright and sunny, which makes me happy. I was starting to dread the last few winters in the midwest, and it's a good change for us to be here.