PDA

View Full Version : recipe for doughy flour tortillas

babr
5-1-11, 6:17pm
DH loves the tortillas that they serve at the Qdoba and Pancheros restaurants; i want to try to make them at home; but so far haven't found a recipe that i thought was different than your traditional tortillas and when i tried to get on Panchero recipe site; our computer became infected

The tortillas; hold alot of rice/beans etc. and have more of a doughy texture; anyone know what i am referring to and have a recipe or a site to refer to? thanks

babr
5-3-11, 7:37am
huh; no responses; guess i will just have to try some different recipes and see what works; maybe will post what i come up with; anyone else live with a Mexican food lover like my dh?

Rosemary
5-3-11, 8:40am
I think that to get that doughy texture you might try subbing a small amount of the flour for cornstarch - no more than 1/4 c out of a 2c recipe.

bke
5-3-11, 5:59pm
Are they just thicker than an average tortilla?

herbgeek
5-3-11, 8:09pm
Are you talking about sopapillas? They are a kind of fried dough.

babr
5-4-11, 4:44pm
thanks rosemary for the tip; i will try it; they are thicker so they can hold more things; rice; beans; guacamole; salsa etc.; maybe they just bigger bke; but they don't have the same consistency; they are stretchier; can't describe it; hey herbgreek; great idea!; i will try those next!

pamlstano
5-26-11, 12:27am
I thought that it is little bit hard to bake this recipe at home. hope you have baked very well. i wish that you will come back soon.