PDA

View Full Version : I get 2 weeks off!!!!

Zoe Girl
5-20-17, 9:10am
It is a miracle everyone, seriously.

Briefly I do before and after school care, community programs and SUMMER CAMP. oh dear it has been a process to get summer camp up and running. It has been hampered by moving to another school which needs to be licensed, having our school go a week longer than others, so no days off in the middle, and then a large hail storm that caused a lot of damage to the school I am going to. Throw in that my department found $25K that I need to spend before the end of June, a staff out with a car accident 3 weeks and the normal stuff.

When they were looking at the repairs needed for my summer site this went through quite a process, and the result is that I will run 4 weeks of camp, and then students can go to another camp site for the additional 4 weeks we offered. That means I will not be running a camp for 4 weeks this summer and my old and new supervisor agree I should take 2 weeks off! Just starting to think about planning what to do, looking for retreats, and maybe I will just camp the entire time.

razz
5-20-17, 2:45pm
Take it and enjoy it as it will not happen that often; don't get sidetracked as is so easy to do.

Lainey
5-20-17, 2:50pm
Good for you, 2 weeks to yourself is a treat.

rosarugosa
5-20-17, 6:01pm
Nice! It has been so many years since I've taken 2 weeks off in a row, seriously, maybe 25 years. Enjoy every minute!

Zoe Girl
5-21-17, 8:34pm
Here is the plan so far. Going up to my fave camp site on Monday July 17th and stay for a week. It is a very popular place so I haven't been camping there in a long time. I keep on trying to get to the top of the glacier and I have not made in in over 20 years. I am putting the word out in case anyone wants to join me but I am also fine going solo. I am telling the kids they need to come up on the Saturday for a BBQ and hike. They have been going there since they were tiny also, I remember bribing my oldest to walk by giving her a camera. My middle wasn't even walking the first time we went and came home filthy!

I am working on the 2nd week, I was looking for a retreat but realized I went on one over New Year's. So I am good for awhile.

creaker
5-21-17, 8:53pm
Have fun - it's sounded well deserved.