PDA

View Full Version : TLC's new show Baby's First Day

mybodymyself
5-2-11, 5:40pm
Basically, its the same their other shows (A Baby Story, Bringing Hombe Baby, Birth Day, Make Room for Multiples). The episode that aired, today featured two mothers. The episode and show are filmed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. One was a 2nd time and the other was a first time. Anyway, the 2nd time mother had a midwife, but of course she was all for epidural filled birth. From what I gather that her 1st birth was typically for the 1st mothers, but I'm not so sure of course. Of course she came to the hospital late in labor and recievied the epidural. In the end the epidural didn't work at all and etc. The baby was born in its sac water intract and of course the mother the baby out of it immediately to waiting. Unsure if she breastfed at all or bottle fed the baby and that also goes for 1st one as well. The 1st time mother (whos also triaining to be a doula, preferred out of hospital birth vs in hospital birth) was admitted to the hospital because the midwife did a scan in her office and found the baby had low amontic fluid levels. She was hoping that foundings were going to be normal, but they weren't. At first, they did of the natural approaches to induce labor naturally. In the end none of them worked and to go the drug route. Expect she didn't need the epidural in the end and etc, if I remember of course. Have clue if she breastfed the baby or bottle fed baby because of the induction. To top it off on the last commerical break there was an Pampers commerical. At the end the episode 1st time mom was back at home and changed the baby with a Pampers of diapers by her. Which I know that she and the 2nd time mom got after doing the show and etc.

Stella
5-2-11, 7:09pm
I've never seen the show, but Baby's First Day sounds like it would be a boring premise. I've had four kids in the last seven years and except for baby #3, who was early and had a two vessel cord, baby's first day was dull as dirt for anyone who wasn't me or my husband. It involved a lot of napping and eating for both baby and me.

mybodymyself
5-2-11, 8:11pm
I've never seen the show, but Baby's First Day sounds like it would be a boring premise. I've had four kids in the last seven years and except for baby #3, who was early and had a two vessel cord, baby's first day was dull as dirt for anyone who wasn't me or my husband. It involved a lot of napping and eating for both baby and me.Stella,

Believe it just premiered, today. Yup, it was boring and I shouldn't watching it. Since I know that hospital birth isn't what its cracked up to be. Would rather give birth out of the hospital unless if the situation warrants of course.

iris lily
5-2-11, 9:06pm
Can't stand those baby shows but I was glued to TLC's A Wedding Story back in the day, whenver I could get me some cable TV.

mybodymyself
5-2-11, 11:09pm
Can't stand those baby shows but I was glued to TLC's A Wedding Story back in the day, whenever I could get me some cable TV.With you on this, but at first I was. Until I found out about Mothering Magazine and etc. Yeah to A Wedding Story, but its no longer on the air and A Makeover Story as well. Now, its more towards baby now. At the same time totally forgot to mention Trauma, Life in the ER or something like that, Maternity Ward, the intern and residents shows as other shows similar to this one as well.

Kat
5-3-11, 5:47am
I can't stand wedding shows. Rampant materialism, bad behavior, emotional meltdowns. Ick. I suppose they aren't all like that, but the ones that are (like Bridezilla, for instance) make me cringe.

I have stopped watching baby shows since I have become pregnant because they kind of freak me out. And after awhile, they all seem the same.