PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthdays

Zoe Girl
11-10-17, 10:55am
It is my birthday so I am thinking about birthdays in general. So far I had to come to morning program (6:30 am) because a staff went to the ER yesterday and have a lot of deadlines that I can't figure out how to delegate. But I decided a great way to start a new year is with a clean house and clean slate. I do need a clean slate of attitude and accepting a new how things are at work.

We have few kids in the morning on Friday so I went in 30 minutes later and cleaned my bedroom and my car. I am checking on my deadlines and then cleaning up my rolling to-do list. Our office is a wreck and there is little that can be done with this space this year, but I am cleaning and organizing as much as I can. And I am telling my staff that what I want for my birthday is all the kid program stuff in great shape (all the material in clear boxes with lids and labels, which is how we set it up but it gets messy).

What unique thing do you all do for your birthday?

dado potato
11-10-17, 11:27am
Cheerio on your Natal Day.

I have a summer birthday. If weather permits I like to hike a trail I have never walked before. For example, Parfrey's Glen near Merrimac WI, Lost Creek Falls near Cornucopia WI, Red Rock Canyon near Las Vegas.

Float On
11-10-17, 12:07pm
Most everyone on here knows about my Solo Birthday Retreats. I'm looking forward to my birthday in late February already. Looking at several options within a few hours drive. I like cabins in the woods or historic hotels. I love the time away to myself to work on me and relax. I also make a new list every year of what I want to do by my next birthday. The list includes personal items, garden/home, trips, activities. I've still got a few items from this year's list I need to tick off...if I don't I just move them to the next year.

Happy Birthday Zoe Girl. I wish you strength, endurance, and new things!

iris lilies
11-10-17, 12:25pm
Couple more birthdays then I can be completely on the Teat of Nanny G for healthcare, Medicare here I come!

Birthdays are not interesting to me or occasions for much of anything, although DH and I usually go out t dinner for his and my birthdays. I suppose that is an event since we do not eat out often.

razz
11-10-17, 12:25pm
Happy Birthday Zoe Girl. I wish you strength, endurance, and new things! x 2!

KayLR
11-10-17, 1:02pm
Happy birthday first of all Zoegirl! On my birthday for many years I took the day off and did whatever the heck I wanted, by myself. Hike, shopping somewhere new, working on a procrastinated-on project. Just whatever floated my boat. The rule was that no one could alter my plan. Most years it worked.

Zoe Girl
11-10-17, 4:19pm
I may plan a take off day, just going to a hotel overnight and using a hot tub. I am meeting my sister for lunch and haircuts tomorrow and then Sunday morning I am running a 5K with the Girls on the Run program.

Tybee
11-10-17, 5:06pm
Sounds so fun! Happy Birthday!

pinkytoe
11-10-17, 5:09pm
Happy Birthday! DH and are nine hours apart in age and we have a tradition of traveling somewhere for our birthdays which are in late September. I think it makes more sense to make resolutions or clean the slate on our birthdays than on New Years as is customary.

dado potato
11-10-17, 5:46pm
Ooooweeee! Running Girls and Running Water!

rosarugosa
11-10-17, 6:23pm
Happy Birthday, Zoe Girl!
KayLR described pretty much how I like to spend my birthday. A seafood meal usually also makes its way in there somewhere.