PDA

View Full Version : Survived the week, on vacation

Zoe Girl
12-9-17, 9:55am
I am taking my week off and feel really good. It has been quite a roller coaster but some good things are developing. I didn't lose my temper or cry, that is a good thing! I decided to drop my training proposal fully, a huge disappointment to me and providers. However it was not a supportive environment to try something new. Still struggling with that but it had to happen. I saw my supervisor for our regular meeting yesterday and to go over the plan for my absence. I felt like a total verbal ninja!! I was awesome, I kept asking questions when I wasn't sure and held my ground on things.

The one thing that was really interesting was this issue about him sending a meeting invite that i declined. He said i was meeting with him too late, the last day before my vacation. My reply was that our previous 2 meetings were cancelled by him. So he brought up that we apparently had a meeting, the one i declined. I had another meeting on my calendar and he could see that. He seemed very confused, like i was not allowed to decline. I did offer a solution, if he sees a conflict when he wants go meet to simply call me. If it is something i can change then i will. It ended up with him saying he was going to check with department best practices to see if he can cancel other things on my calendar simply by sending a meeting invite. Quite disturbing considering that could have been a personal appointment, i had already talked to him and got an agreement that i don't need to ask permission for personal appointments if they don't affect program or a planned meeting. (I have that in meeting notes documented)

I feel like things are turning the corner, 3 of us met to talk about strategies to work with him and support each other. Any of our ideas could be said to also support him in his job such as follow up emails to conversation or communicating when he visits site what we are doing.

Okay crochet and walks and grandbaby time and use all those movie gift cards that parents gave me!

razz
12-9-17, 10:53am
This is unhealthy on his part. Document all of it and, at some point, you will need to bring the HR and his managers into this situation based what you are posting here.
Enjoy you break and have some fun. Don't enable getting called in to work!

Zoe Girl
12-9-17, 12:06pm
Thanks razz, no calls! In fact only one staff and my supervisor have my personal number. I instructed staff that if there is an emergency you call (no text) him, if there is no response do it again in 15 minutes, no response still wait 15 minutes and call his supervisor. This is a well documented protocol in our department and included in the employee handbook.

Ahh already had a walk and a no sugar breakfast,

sweetana3
12-9-17, 1:03pm
My husband (a former high level corporate employee) says this sounds like a bad Dilbert cartoon. He agrees with you that the supervisor is disfunctional and seems to not want human interaction.

Zoe Girl
12-9-17, 2:36pm
Gotta read some Dilbert again, but not the week

Teacher Terry
12-9-17, 3:05pm
Your boss is very bizarre!

iris lilies
12-9-17, 3:31pm
If zg’s administration is at all responsive, they have figured out by now that something is up with her supervisor and he cannot do this job. He lies. By now, they are picking up on that. The rest of it, the scatterbrained actions and etc will lead them to his lies.