PDA

View Full Version : Airplane Foods

Yppej
12-23-17, 10:39am
What foods do you bring on airplane trips that meet TSA requirements in case the snacks they provide do not fill you up? And can you find water in 3 ounce containers?

Zoe Girl
12-23-17, 11:17am
I bring an empty water bottle of a good size, and then fill it up after security. I can also bring what I often bring for lunch, cheese, crackers, cherry tomatoes, and olives in a small package. If I just need a snack I bring a granola bar.

catherine
12-23-17, 1:38pm
The snacks they give you for free will never fill you up (usually it's just a little bag of pretzels. You can buy on board, but I never buy snacks on board. Too much packaging and too little food. I do bring water and trail mix, which I usually buy in the airport after security. And if you don't want to buy water after security (it is really expensive), do what Zoe Girl does. I've never seen anyone bring 3 oz "shots" of water.

Yppej
12-23-17, 3:49pm
Thank you. I do have a water bottle I can bring.

Gardnr
12-23-17, 3:52pm
We travel with Brita bottles. Filtered water wherever we go. The $10 bottle lasts years and we buy a new filter annually.

i carry: almonds, protein bar, a few pieces of fruit, nut bar. You can pack a sandwich.

Simplemind
12-23-17, 4:07pm
We did a lot of traveling this year. We had different strategies depending on the length of the flight. We always bring empty water bottles to fill up after security. I carry power bars, peanut butter crackers and nuts. We no longer buy on board snacks but do hit up the kiosk venders after security for a sandwich and fruit. Something that can sit in a bag for a couple of hours and not spoil.