PDA

View Full Version : if you work with kids, weirdly funny

Zoe Girl
3-23-18, 8:08pm
So my student P has been a challenge for awhile. Before winter break parents told us he was considered suicidal, not with a plan but didn't want to really live. He is in 5th grade, parents are divorcing as of the beginning of the school year, he has been smart and socially immature for some time, and behavior that has been manageable in previous years is worse.

One of the issues that took months was toys, he brings toys all the time. Of course it isn't easy, he brings ones and throws them or has them out in a disruptive way. We let it go before break and then really got strict. He seemed to get toys in no matter what, sometimes his dad would practically bring them in for him, his mom apologized for not frisking him or checking his backpack. Through all of this we have a Friday show and share so he can bring a toy to share,

A few weeks ago his mother actually texted me to see if he could bring in a pet rat, no.

Then today I leave work early and my assistant called me to verify what he thought was right. P brought a whip, a real leather full size whip. Um no,

Gotta give the kid credit for persistence!