PDA

View Full Version : Farewell, sweet Mustang.

frugalista
5-15-11, 8:44am
Sooooo . . . I traded in the 'Stang. :(

It was time. My 9 yo DD was starting to have a hard time getting in and out of the back seat without major contortions, and my 8 yo DS's legs got too long and I couldn't scoot my seat up any farther to accommodate.

The cool thing was, I got a screaming deal on a pre-owned Lexus RX300. It's the small SUV version. I already get better gas mileage because ... well, I drive it differently. Heh.

It was fun. I'll miss her.

Sad Eyed Lady
5-15-11, 9:42am
Sooooo . . . I traded in the 'Stang. :(

It was time. My 9 yo DD was starting to have a hard time getting in and out of the back seat without major contortions, and my 8 yo DS's legs got too long and I couldn't scoot my seat up any farther to accommodate.

The cool thing was, I got a screaming deal on a pre-owned Lexus RX300. It's the small SUV version. I already get better gas mileage because ... well, I drive it differently. Heh.

It was fun. I'll miss her.

Was this one of the original mustangs? I had a 1966 pony interior in the late '60's-early '70's and a couple more after that. Always loved them. When the Mustang II came out in the mid '70's we got one of those new and it was a miserable piece of junk! Don't know about the later ones. I understand attachment to a vehicle - I posted on here recently about my little Toyota ECHO which is a 2000 model with 129,000 miles. I got the idea lately that I would sell it and get a new, or new to me, car. However, when the time came I just couldn't part with her. So, I had a few minor repairs/servicing done, a good professional cleaning and touch up job and now she is my new car!

Bronxboy
5-15-11, 12:02pm
Interesting. I'm at the opposite point in life where our daughter is nearing driving age, and I'm tiring of the big vehicle that made sense five years ago. The $65 fill-up every week (sooner on driving week for the carpool) is also getting old.

Something with a small engine and a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission interests me greatly, but can't be justified on a cash savings basis. I still think I'm about two years away from being finished with the big box.