PDA

View Full Version : tiny step forward

Zoe Girl
5-15-11, 3:01pm
Okay this doesn't sound so great compared to people who have no debt here, but I am still happy that considering my low income and what we have been through that my one credit card that got us through a survival period with a lot of car repair is under $4,000 finally. I only have student loan debt other than that, and some various bills, so this is one tiny step. I am glad it is going down because my kids' dad just got laid off and my payments are really low so I can always manage them even if he struggles with giving me child support now.

I am gonna celebrate my new milestone by not spending money of course!

Anne

sweetana3
5-15-11, 5:58pm
Big congratulations. Celebrating the small steps along the way makes the whole project seem more doable.

fidgiegirl
5-15-11, 6:30pm
Awesome!!! Yes, recognize your milestone here. Debt free is accomplished a bit at a time and you have reached a good place. Congratulations!

Valley
5-15-11, 8:45pm
It is great to hear some good news from you. You have worked very hard to get your debt under control! Way to go!!

Kat
5-16-11, 7:44am
Yay! Doing the happy dance with you! :-)

Zoe Girl
5-16-11, 10:00am
Thank you all, I have a plan to buy a piece of furniture to replace some really old stuff with some extra income I am earning this summer but it will be debt free!

RosieTR
5-17-11, 11:57pm
Congrats, Zoe! I was thinking maybe it would be nice for you to get a very small something to celebrate each milestone (like when card goes under $3500 then $3000 etc). Since $4000 is a milestone it counts too. Something very small, like $5 (cash of course), but a treat nonetheless, such as a single bar of really nice chocolate or bottle of nail polish for your toes for the summer or lotion/soap/lip balm that is pricey for what it is but particularly appealing to YOU. A single flower or small bouquet of your favorites. Cutesy earrings in an animal shape. An MP3 you've thought of getting. Psychologically it's not a bad plan to plan for a little treat that signifies your progress toward a goal, since it associates pleasure with the progress rather than the pain of scrimping.

Bugeah
5-18-11, 2:25am
This is great! Congratulations Zoe Girl! Every step and milestone truly counts. Keep up the great work!

flowerseverywhere
5-18-11, 7:11am
Don't belittle yourself. You should be proud and carry your head high that you are dealing with difficult times and moving forward towards your goals. Dealing with bumps in the road are part of life but picking up and having the resolve to overcome obstacles is a truly admirable trait that many people don't have.

Keep it up. Pennies saved or not spent become nickles and dimes, then quarters and dollars. Little by little things get better.

jennipurrr
5-18-11, 9:46am
I think that is great! We don't have much debt now, but once upon a time we had cc debt, student loans, car loans, etc...and the only way we got to the end was bit by bit, so congrats on getting down to $4k!

danna
5-18-11, 2:50pm
zoe every step is a big step if it is in the right direction..........

catherine
5-18-11, 2:54pm
It is VERY difficult making progress in the debt department, so congratulations!!!