PDA

View Full Version : Retirement

Florence
5-19-11, 11:33am
I am now officially retired!! I had planned to continue to work until age 66 but due to some health issues, decided 63 was fine too. My husband is still working which means that we still have health insurance and that I won't need to draw Social Security until my full retirement age 66.

There is plenty for me to do--quilting, cooking, reading, and most of all time to rest and recuperate. And of course participate on the Simple Living Forums!!:D

SRP
5-19-11, 11:41am
Congratulations!! Enjoy!

goldensmom
5-19-11, 11:54am
Congratulations and like most other retirees, after a while you'll wonder how you ever had time to work out of the home.

Florence
5-19-11, 12:35pm
Congratulations and like most other retirees, after a while you'll wonder how you ever had time to work out of the home.
Ha! I'm already finding that out!!

bke
5-19-11, 12:44pm
I'm happy for you Florence! I hope you enjoy every moment of retirement.

Selah
5-19-11, 3:44pm
Congratulations, Florence! Enjoy every single moment of it! :)

jennipurrr
5-19-11, 3:56pm
Congratulations!!!

janharker
5-19-11, 4:10pm
Practice saying NO! Because as soon as the world finds out that you're retired, everyone will translate that into availability and you'll get far too many opportunities to Volunteer!

Florence
5-19-11, 4:37pm
Practice saying NO! Because as soon as the world finds out that you're retired, everyone will translate that into availability and you'll get far too many opportunities to Volunteer!

You mean like the Sunday School teacher, choir member, thrift store, Meals on Wheels driver that has already been suggested?? LOL!! Fortunately I have my "health issues" that won't allow me to help out just yet...

razz
5-19-11, 7:18pm
Glad to hear that you found a route to retirement. Are you still enjoying your house in the country?

Florence
5-19-11, 7:22pm
Glad to hear that you found a route to retirement. Are you still enjoying your house in the country?

Yes, more than ever!! You should see my roses now that I have time to care for them!! I love to go out to do my gardening early in the morning while it is still cool and hear all the morning birdsong. Life is so beautiful!

Kat
5-19-11, 7:25pm
Congratulations! Enjoy this new chapter of your life! You earned it! :-)

chrisgermany
5-20-11, 3:33am
Congratulations! Enjoy all the good things in life!
Just one more year for DH + me.

frugal-one
5-21-11, 4:58pm
Congrats Florence! I retired a few months ago too. Every day I give thanks for being done with the "rat race" and not having to hit the floor running each morning! Hope you feel the same way!

danna
5-21-11, 8:29pm
Enjoy your time...your health might surprise you once you don't have to be out there all the time..only when you want to and feel you can...again enjoy!!