PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Present!

fidgiegirl
5-19-11, 11:12pm
I am having a hard time thinking of a birthday present for my sister.

It's her 3-0.

DH suggested veggie plants, but I don't know what she'll even eat: super picky.

My BiL said she is talking about jewelry a lot lately, but that's so hard!

I thought a coffeehouse gift card and then tell her I'd like to use it with her?

She likes to craft, but doesn't do it a whole lot. I'm not sure what she's really into right now.

She loves Lilies of the Valley but ours are not blooming yet and I have run out of time to order her any pretties on Etsy . . .

Eek!! Help!!

redfox
5-20-11, 12:53am
I recommend some fun activities that the two of you can do together - if you live close enough to do so! Like a play or concert and dinner at your house before had.

madgeylou
5-20-11, 9:36am
i like redfox's idea. maybe you could package it up as a "take care of you" gift (coffeeshop gift card, nice smelling candle, a magazine or book or CD she might like) or a "sisters craft night" where you make or buy her dinner, then you guys have a bottle of wine and make some earrings or something?

one last thing ... is there a handmade-ish shop near her or you? you may be able to get her a gift card there so she can get something fun and handmade and pick it out herself.

Rosemary
5-20-11, 9:46am
I like the idea of an event, too.
How about a salad-in-a-pot for veggie plants? Most people, even the picky ones, will eat salad. Some nice lettuce and/or spinach, pepper, and cherry tomatoes should be easy to find as starter plants. I have better luck with the "sweet banana" type of chile pepper vs bell peppers - they are more productive and less fussy plants. If it's 2 weeks or more before her birthday, you have time to start your own seeds.

Stella
5-20-11, 12:04pm
I like the coffee shop gift card or going somewhere special together ideas.

Happy birthday to your sister! My little sister's 31st birthday was yesterday and I have trouble finding stuff for her too.

fidgiegirl
5-20-11, 6:23pm
Thanks all! I am still thinking but leaning to the coffee shop idea.