PDA

View Full Version : RIP Dear Kitty

Rosemary
5-21-11, 9:03pm
Our cat, who had been under veterinary treatment this past week, died this evening, quietly at home. It had seemed like things were going better until midnight last night, when she started to get worse. I feel like we did everything we could to make her last days more comfortable, but it has been a really hard week for us all - very demanding care requirements, worry, sorrow. She was such a wonderful companion, and I miss her soft paw touching my cheek, the way that she used to greet me.

Stella
5-21-11, 9:05pm
Hugs Rosemary! Losing a pet is always hard.

CathyA
5-21-11, 9:14pm
I'm so sorry Rosemary. We lost our titter-tat last year. We loved him so.
I'm so glad you had each other for the time that you did. Your acute pain will slowly ease up and you'll be able to remember her without the pain.
((((hugs))))

kally
5-21-11, 9:16pm
It is so sad to lose a pet. But she sounds like she couldn't have been with a better owner. I would miss my buddies so much too.

rosarugosa
5-21-11, 9:25pm
So sorry Rosemary. I know that heartbreak all too well. It's nice that she was able to die peacefully at home - the last best gift you could give.

Anne Lee
5-21-11, 9:37pm
:( So sorry.

fidgiegirl
5-21-11, 9:50pm
Oh no, Rosemary! Another kitty :( So sorry. Hope you and your family are ok.

Zoebird
5-21-11, 9:55pm
I'm sorry for your loss. It's very difficult to lose a companion animal.

pony mom
5-22-11, 12:12am
I'm so sorry for your loss. It must have been a comfort to her to be at home surrounded by her family.

I lost my beloved dog almost a year ago and even though I can smile when I think of her, my eyes still well up with tears. Remember your kitty as she was in the past instead of when she was ill, because somewhere she is healthy and happy and feeling like a young kitten again.

I need a tissue : (

Juds
5-22-11, 2:03am
So sad and sweet and what a wonderful life she had with you. I am so sorry to hear this.

Kat
5-22-11, 7:28am
(((Rosemary))) I am so sorry. I hope that it brings you some peace knowing that you did everything you could for her. It sounds like you gave her a wonderful life.

leslieann
5-22-11, 8:47am
odd, isn't it, how we "know" that they are gone, in our heads anyway, but our bodies still expect that tender touch, or the sound of them around the house, and each time we have to come back to the knowledge that they have gone. I think that the pain of the loss stays until the body starts to forget those expectations. I am sorry for the loss to you and your family, Rosemary. How lovely that you can post about that here and have people who can understand how important your friend was. Is, I guess. She is not less important because she is gone.

I wish you peace and gentle memories.

iris lily
5-22-11, 9:12am
oh, sweet kitty! so sorry.

Florence
5-22-11, 11:19am
Oh, I am so sorry. It is just heart-rending to lose a beloved pet. How much love and fun they bring to our lives. (((Rosemary)))

hlhart2001
5-22-11, 6:44pm
It is so hard to say goodbye...have done it with 4 cats and I balled like a baby everytime! Hugs to you!

Rosemary
5-22-11, 6:48pm
Thanks, everyone, for your kind words and thoughts.
LeslieAnn, you are so right. This morning I awoke missing her purr, because that was the time of day she was always next to me, and although she's not been following her usual routine this past week, I felt so empty knowing she'd never be there again.

I am exhausted today - last week we were feeding her on a really regular schedule including the middle of the night. It's all catching up to me today, along with the emotional load. We donated all her medications to the cat shelter today, and the volunteers were very sympathetic. We stayed to visit with the cats there, just to pet them and play with them, and that was somewhat therapeutic.

beckyliz
5-24-11, 5:31pm
So sorry, Rosemary! Our dear kitty has inoperable cancer - a large tumor. So far, she acts fine, but we are giving her special love and attention as long as we can.

Selah
5-25-11, 11:08am
Oh, Rosemary, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had my cat for 14 years now and he's beginning to show his age, and I dread the day that he will ultimately pass. Be gentle with yourself. Hugs!

daisy
5-25-11, 11:14am
Pets give us so much and it is so hard when they are gone. It sounds like you provided a wonderful life for her. I'm so sorry.